Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 07:53 PM

Going Out

My friend and I are going to take another friend out for a meal but are finding it a bit difficult to find a common date, what suits her isnt always good for me.So the dilemma is do I change something in my routine for her , or should she be expected to change something in her routine to fall in with mine ? This subject has not been discussed , we are still trying to find a suitable date
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2017, 07:59 PM

Re: Going Out

Originally Posted by deylon ->
My friend and I are going to take another friend out for a meal but are finding it a bit difficult to find a common date, what suits her isnt always good for me.So the dilemma is do I change something in my routine for her , or should she be expected to change something in her routine to fall in with mine ? This subject has not been discussed , we are still trying to find a suitable date
We often have this problem with friends.
We usually discuss and try to find a compromise.
Horleyflyer
South of England
Horleyflyer is female 

12-09-2017, 11:19 PM

Depends who wants to see the other the most?
Routines can be changed. Commitments like work can't.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2017, 03:17 AM

I don't believe a date to suit all cannot be found.

If you can't alter your diary and she can't then you can't be that bothered....maybe the dates are an excuse?

If I wanted to take a pal out I'd alter my diary....if not then why offer in the first place....that's more like an invite to join you not take her out.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2017, 09:52 AM

I find it hard to believe both couples are working 24/7 so it must be possible to find a time. Only time we failed to find time to do things was when I worked nights and my husband worked days, we barely had time to say hello.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2017, 10:00 AM

I think if you really want to meet up other than work commitments for either party then be it lunch or early evening there is time.

I'm sure you will get there.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2017, 10:22 AM

None of you sound very flexible, so until someone gives way, you will never meet!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2017, 10:54 AM

Hi Deylon,I know for some older Folk routine is very very important,and if it is broken for any reason They can become upset..but if You and Your 2 Friends can't find a couple of hours on the same day to meet for lunch,then like Art says You will never do anything or go anywhere different..Hope You find a solution,x
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2017, 08:35 PM

Thanks for your replies ,its not a matter of work or 'wont change , one friend and myself both have several different Drs/Clinic appointments which clash with dates of each other,our friend , whom we want to take out has three social meetings which she doesnt like to cancel , plus her son visits once a week and she likes to prepare a meal in advance for him.However Im hoping we can find a common date

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top