Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 03:12 PM

Need Your Help Please.

Here's a hard question and I really hope someone can help this ignoramus!!

We are thinking of taking a cruise in June which takes in the beautiful country of Croatia. Party of 8, but...............
One of the party is my brother's Fiancee who is a Russian citizen. She currently has a new 2 year British Visa, and holds a Russian worldwide passport plus a 5 year Shenghen Passport. (not to be confused with a Shenghen 90 day Visa).

My brother, who is even worse than me for finding out things online has asked me to find out if she will be allowed to go on the 7 day cruise without further necessary visa's or paperwork, but I haven't a clue where to start looking.Travel agents quickly refer me to embassies but there are so many departments at the British Embassy and Russian Embassy, I have tried two and been told not their department, one of the departments they referred me to said not their remit.

Any ideas please. Would be very grateful for any assistance. xx
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 03:21 PM

Re: Need Your Help Please.

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Here's a hard question and I really hope someone can help this ignoramus!!

We are thinking of taking a cruise in June which takes in the beautiful country of Croatia. Party of 8, but...............
One of the party is my brother's Fiancee who is a Russian citizen. She currently has a new 2 year British Visa, and holds a Russian worldwide passport plus a 5 year Shenghen Passport. (not to be confused with a Shenghen 90 day Visa).

My brother, who is even worse than me for finding out things online has asked me to find out if she will be allowed to go on the 7 day cruise without further necessary visa's or paperwork, but I haven't a clue where to start looking.Travel agents quickly refer me to embassies but there are so many departments at the British Embassy and Russian Embassy, I have tried two and been told not their department, one of the departments they referred me to said not their remit.

Any ideas please. Would be very grateful for any assistance. xx
Hi

She will need a Visa.

Absolutely no problems in getting one.

Any issues Pm Me .

The Croats are fine with people we have verified.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 03:23 PM

Can the people that you booked the cruise with help? I would expect them to know what passports are required for places they visit.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Can the people that you booked the cruise with help? I would expect them to know what passports are required for places they visit.
Thanks Twink but like the travel agents, they too fob me off with "you need to contact the embassy" as we don't know enough to advise you.

Swim, Thank you very much. But who do I contact please? Croatian Embassy,? British embassy which department? and we will be taking in Italian ports of call, does she need a visa for both those countries or just one as the ship normally holds onto your passport don't they? Thank you for the offer of pm to you. I may well require further assistance from you.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 03:33 PM

Hi

Forgot to say.

If her Surname is Putin,we may have problems.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

03-04-2018, 03:37 PM

Swim, I'm puzzling about that with a visa? she has a Shenghen passport which is separate from her Russian passport. She has not previously needed a visa to visit eu countries before, just the Shenghen passport.She has visited France, Venice, Spain, Germany direct from Russia without a visa. Is it different because she will be flying to Dubrovnik where the cruise is starting from, from the UK

LOL, thats almost as bad as something I bought from Ebay last week. New with Labels but the parcel came from Salisbury and the sender had a Russian name!!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

03-04-2018, 03:45 PM

Hi

The Uk is not part of Schengen.

We opted out, hence the issue.

It is the job of travel agents to sell tickets, not to point out the Issues.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

03-04-2018, 04:04 PM

Hi Swimmy, my brother and his fiancee are convinced that the Shenghen 5 year passport is valid to fly out of the UK!!! I cannot get it through to him that the UK is different if she is flying to Croatia from a UK airport it is different and she will need a visa. (different if she was flying to Croatia from Russia). She said that she had to travel to Germany and wait three days for her Shenghen 5 year passport but I am telling her it makes no difference as the passport allows her to travel annywhere in Shenghen area but not the UK or N.I. but they cannot get their heads around it. Sigh!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

03-04-2018, 04:14 PM

Hi

Pm me.

I will speak to them direct.

I can do no more.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top