Join for free
Page 13 of 21 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 08:29 AM

Re: Chemotherapy

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Thanks Nom, I’m prediabetic too so do try to keep an eye on them.

The trouble is I have cream to put on my feet but I also like to cover the cracks with plasters. The plasters will not stick to my skin with cream on but if plasters go on first there is nowhere to put the cream! hmmmm .....
Yes ive got some jars of that stuff, the nurses loved it and i got wrong for not applying it because i had the same problem.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Cotton socks Val

And neutogena hand cream is about the best for cracked skin. Mr Missy used to get cement burns and the cracks in his hands were horrendous. Dermatologist reccomended the neutrogena and his hands have been fine since
Thanks Missy. I do wear cotton socks in the house but they do look a bit odd with sandals when I’m out!

I’ve got lots of different creams to try, mostly from the chemo unit or what they recommend but I’m always happy to try others.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Val, Nom knows from experience with his feet and he is right! I am also diabetic and suffer from very dry feet, and the answer is to wash them every day and then immediately rub cream into them. I use Oilatum, which works well and my doctor supplies it by prescription. If you want to try it , just ask your doctor, because Chemo will have damaged your immune system, so leaves you open to infection when your heels crack. Under the circumstances he may be able to refer you to an NHS podiatrist, who can help remove some of the hard , dry skin!
I have an appointment at the surgery soon so will ask about the Oilatum cream and also an NHS podiatrist. I have a feeling there may be a long waiting list for the podiatrist though! The trouble is it’s not easy to see what’s going on under your feet unless you’re very flexible!
Val J
East Yorkshire

19-07-2018, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Yes ive got some jars of that stuff, the nurses loved it and i got wrong for not applying it because i had the same problem.
Sounds like it must be good stuff! At the moment I’m using Flexitol which is 10% Urea cream, but I don’t think it’s working too well.
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

22-07-2018, 10:46 AM

Just popping in to empathise with those going through chemo. It's undoubtedly a tough road, and hard to adapt to the 'new normal' afterwards.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 11:45 AM

I can't wait to get some distance between the chemo and me.

My first chemo in 2016 didn't bother me at all, there were no side effects. This one has been very rough and I still feel awful on a daily basis. In hospital now waiting for my Methotrexate level to go below 0.1% before they'll let me go home and unfortunately it doesn't look like it's going to be today.
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

22-07-2018, 11:50 AM

Fingers crossed for getting home Ffosse.
Val J
East Yorkshire

22-07-2018, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan2 ->
Just popping in to empathise with those going through chemo. It's undoubtedly a tough road, and hard to adapt to the 'new normal' afterwards.
Thank you orangutan, I seem to have more bad days than good at the moment and I think this heat is not helping. I’m away for a couple of days, a change of routine and scenery, great views of the Humber Bridge to admire from my room!
Val J
East Yorkshire

22-07-2018, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I can't wait to get some distance between the chemo and me.

My first chemo in 2016 didn't bother me at all, there were no side effects. This one has been very rough and I still feel awful on a daily basis. In hospital now waiting for my Methotrexate level to go below 0.1% before they'll let me go home and unfortunately it doesn't look like it's going to be today.
I do hope you get home soon Ffosse, it would be nice to enjoy your special day tomorrow in the comfort of your own home!
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

22-07-2018, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Thank you orangutan, I seem to have more bad days than good at the moment and I think this heat is not helping. I’m away for a couple of days, a change of routine and scenery, great views of the Humber Bridge to admire from my room!
Glad you are getting a break. I think I was lucky that it was winter when I was going through chemo. Somehow those 'curl up and die' days would have been so much harder in the heat.

Page 13 of 21 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top