Join for free
Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 01:03 PM

Re: Chemotherapy

Saw the oncologist this morning and he’s agreed to carry on with the treatment when this course finishes in three weeks. Good news!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 02:22 PM

You deserve good news because you have had a very positive approach to this!
My oncologist really believed that my positive attitude is what helped me defeat the illness. I hope yours does too!
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 07:17 PM

Thank you Twink. I am sure you are right about being positive, where cancer is concerned you have to believe you are going to win the battle and I am surrounded by positive people, at home, hospital, family and friends. I WILL get there!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 07:39 PM

I'm sure you will.

I think I'm less positive as this is my 2nd cancer in two years, the 2 not being related, just bad luck. I've learned not to eat anything whilst getting chemo although they do come round with trays of biscuits and sandwiches, it just makes me nauseated. A small cup of coffee will do me.
Val J
East Yorkshire

10-04-2018, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I'm sure you will.

I think I'm less positive as this is my 2nd cancer in two years, the 2 not being related, just bad luck. I've learned not to eat anything whilst getting chemo although they do come round with trays of biscuits and sandwiches, it just makes me nauseated. A small cup of coffee will do me.
But Ffosse, you’ve beaten it once, so why not again. People do!

We get tea/coffee and biscuits and lunch but like you, I don’t really feel like eating when on the unit. Fish & Chips from the chippie when I get home, I so look forward to those!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2018, 08:02 PM

This time it's not curable, only treatable, so I think I'm always going to be having some contact with the hospital.

Yes, it's good to eat after chemo - fish and chips sounds great, I might have a Chinese.

In hospital I was seconds away from eating my fish, chips and peas lunch...I had lifted up the fork when they told me I was nil by mouth as I was getting surgery the next morning.
Val J
East Yorkshire

10-04-2018, 08:06 PM

That does make a difference of course but you do hear of people living several years with incurable cancer. Positive thoughts Ffosse!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

11-04-2018, 06:48 PM

Once, was a breeze, second time round is much harder and more complicated.

I can understand why people don't want to go beyond having chemotherapy twice; there comes a point where it's not really life saving but just prolonging the pain
Val J
East Yorkshire

11-04-2018, 07:17 PM

Well, it is the first time for me, but I have signed up for more cycles! My biggest problem is that I have to visit the hospital at least once every week which makes holidays difficult. My brother in law lives in France and we would love to visit but not sure it’s manageable.

Try to make some plans for your better days Ffosse, it’s good to have something to look forward to.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

11-04-2018, 07:25 PM

I will try, it's just this not getting out much which is killing me. Places I used to go to are no longer accessible unless I stop and rest all the time. I can't remember whether or not I got side-effects from my last chemo as I developed infections and was hospitalised. I'm assuming some of my dosette drugs are steroids which generally make me feel better.

I've heard that the weather is going to get a whole lot warmer (here it's still like Winter) and I would like to get out and do things.

Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top