Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 11:01 PM

Love Island?

Am I the only one here who is watching this? I must admit I resisted for a long time. Last year I was going to meetings and everyone was talking about it. I would laugh saying I've never watched it and can't see what the fuss is about. But I'm starting to see the totally escapist appeal of mindless viewing of ridiculous but totally shallow perfection. A bit like bakeoff but without the calories....As someone said to me, it's so bad it's good.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 11:01 PM

Re: Love Island?

I've never watched it
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I've never watched it

Me neither Mags. Don't think it would appeal to me from what I've heard.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Me neither Mags. Don't think it would appeal to me from what I've heard.
Nor me Mups, it's a different world these days
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 11:27 PM

That was me too ladies. I can feel myself being sucked in though. Perhaps it's the hot weather or just a need to escape all the bad news. Or maybe it's just seeing that it doesn't matter how perfect you are, you still have problems.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 11:43 PM

Im another who cant bring myself to watch it

I used to love Big Brother, back in the day when they had "normal" people on it doing normal boring things but cant abide it now
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

02-07-2018, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->

I used to love Big Brother, back in the day when they had "normal" people on it doing normal boring things but cant abide it now
I have never watched Big Brother either
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 11:51 PM

I thought I would try to find out for myself what all the fuss was about. Had a quick peek, then got really confused. All those perfect faces & figures speaking in monotones, I've logged into Humans by mistake! You know, the one with synths, or robots if you like! Shall not be making that mistake again!!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

03-07-2018, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by John ->
I thought I would try to find out for myself what all the fuss was about. Had a quick peek, then got really confused. All those perfect faces & figures speaking in monotones, I've logged into Humans by mistake! You know, the one with synths, or robots if you like! Shall not be making that mistake again!!
John that's a really good point. They are a bit like synths. Perhaps they really are robots!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 01:27 AM

I'm another, too .....

I watched (live, whenever possible), all of the C4 BBs, but gradually lost interest after BB5 (my favourite), when live coverage was curtailed, semi-professional entrants were allowed and editing became increasingly skewed.

Although I cannot now stand "celebrity" reality shows, I loved the one and only series of C5's "Back to Reality" (2004, the same year as BB5), won by James Hewitt (drunken lecher that he was). It had lots of live coverage - in the afternoons, I used to watch James preparing the evening meal (and very good he was, too!) and in the evening watch James getting drunk and leching over the lovely Sarah Kozer (he was very good at that, as well!).

Apologies for the digression, Annie - I was reminded of another world, long, long ago .....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top