Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Yolande
London, UK
Yolande is female  Yolande has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 01:32 PM

Re: James O Brien

Originally Posted by Devo ->
JO'B can be annoying but I finds him very listenable to because he really gets up the noses of the hard-of-thinking right and, with ease, shows them, to be the ridiculous idiots they truly are. He is criticised with talking over people and cutting them off but he only does that to the buffoons who think tired clichés and Right wing slogans and buzz words somehow make a cogent, intelligent argument. He usually gives them the chance to try again but they never succeed because they can't, such is the paucity of intelligence on the Right.
It is amusing how he is always characterised by the Right as being very Left wing which, if anyone is prepared to listen over a period of time, he clearly isn't.
Yes totally agree. And whilst he is left leaning I certainly wouldn't class him as very right wing.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2018, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Yolande ->
Yes totally agree. And whilst he is left leaning I certainly wouldn't class him as very right wing.
Think he is more on the centre if you go back and except the old Libreal standards.

JOB can make some good points but if some one disagrees he throws his toys out of the pram and bullies and insults them

I voted to leave the EU, if you stated that on his show his insults will flow thick and fast

The things I have heard collective on his rants against thoese of us who voted out and how stupid we are is nothing to do with right or left..its about a bully boy who has no resonible answer to your point

On Thursday (I think at 12) he has the best hour on any on any radio show...…. ? and answer.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Sometimes what he says is true but what a pontificating self righteous prat he is .

I dont know why I am listening .

Gobber O'Brien is the king of virtue signalers. In once sentence he talks about everyone being nice to each other, in the next he's making slurs about all sorts of people. In short a real Gobshite. He spins more than any spin doctor.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Never heard of him but the descriptions I have just read would mostly apply to that nice man Farage.
Then your guess would be quite wrong. Nigel is lovely and very fair to the callers. He is prepared to allow criticism and there are plenty of callers from the "Nigel hate groups" who phone in. Gobber O'Brien on the other hand will not countenance anyone even making the tamest comments. One man phoned in and said "James, you are naive" he was cut off before he got another word out.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Then your guess would be quite wrong. Nigel is lovely and very fair to the callers. He is prepared to allow criticism and there are plenty of callers from the "Nigel hate groups" who phone in. Gobber O'Brien on the other hand will not countenance anyone even making the tamest comments. One man phoned in and said "James, you are naive" he was cut off before he got another word out.
I'll go along with that.
Farage is actually very polite - even with the ones that phone in and give him abuse.
Gravitas
North England

09-07-2018, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Yolande ->
Indeed. That why he hates the Tories with a vengeance. That's why he seems to think there is a bottomless pit of spare cash, when even after years of "evil Tory cuts" we are still adding £1,000,000,000 to the national debt EVERY WEEK.

That's why he hates any right of centre newspapers, columnists and commentators and makes snide comments even about so many of his LBC fellow hosts who he strangely sees as all being right wing.
Gravitas
North England

19-07-2018, 01:49 PM

Gobber O'Brien is so dishonest. He spent an hour today slagging off The Mail for covering a story about students removing a poem of Rudyard Kipling from a mural (no it was nothing to do with his cakes - they are exceedingly good)

He kept saying the story was on page 31, it was actually on page 21. He was saying they were apoplectically outraged. They weren't, it was the Education Correspondent simplly reporting the incident factually. He was saying the "editorial team" were all over it. They didn't mention it. The columnists were all over it. They didn't mention it.

But O'Brien got a full hour out of it and the evils of The Mail.

Since then other newspapers have covered the story on line, including The Guardian.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 09:19 AM

I used to listen to LBC all the time as it was the only talk radio station going at the time but then I came across Talk Radio and I swopped to that. It's got Eamon Holmes on it plus James Whale, two of my favourite presenters.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
I used to listen to LBC all the time as it was the only talk radio station going at the time but then I came across Talk Radio and I swopped to that. It's got Eamon Holmes on it plus James Whale, two of my favourite presenters.
Cheers for that Alicat, LBC can become a bit overbearing, i know James Whale from my archery days he used to come to an occasional tournament.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 10:17 AM

How can I find Talk Radio?

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top