Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 07:15 PM

Hospital today.

Please - don't anybody turn this into another episode of 'War and Peace'.

Mammogram was apparently not clear enough - so - today they played this new game - Tomosynthesis. Similar to mammography but instead of boring old flat images - this one does it in glorious 3D slices - very weird looking at what goes on in the inside! Lump found and captured on film for posterity - but - just to make sure - they also did an ultrasound scan. That was fun. Found another lump - hiding behind the first one. Obviously camera shy, poor thing.

No-one seems unduly worried - consensus of opinion is that they are nothing more sinister than a couple of lipoma's and can safely be ignored - unless they become rebellious and try to take over. Images will be seen by another consultant for a second opinion - results to be with me in the next week - or so.

Thank you everyone for all your good wishes - it does help!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 07:29 PM

Re: Hospital today.

awww ST, I'll keep you in my prayers that everything is ok, I'm sure it will be lipomas like they are thinking. My niece had a very large lump and we were petrified but that turned out to be a harmless lipoma, panic over.

(big hugs) for you.

xxxx
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 07:36 PM

That’s good news Silver Tabby.
I’ve had those and it can be worrisome for a while.
Glad you’re ok and keeping on eye on it.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 08:16 PM

glad it is all ok, nothing worse than having to worry about heath issues
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Mammogram was apparently not clear enough - so - today they played this new game - Tomosynthesis. Similar to mammography but instead of boring old flat images - this one does it in glorious 3D slices - very weird looking at what goes on in the inside!
I had to ask Marge about this.

Apparently, it is the latest thing, very similar to tomography (which we have had for donkeys' years). Unlike traditional tomography, it uses different qualities of X-rays and different filtration, no doubt because it is imaging only soft tissue as in ordinary mammography.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2018, 08:43 PM

ST, I do admire you're so upbeat! Well done!
And of course, great to hear all OK.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 08:54 AM

Good to hear ST, must put your mind at rest.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 09:06 AM

Good news ST, glad it’s nothing too serious.

I admire your positive attitude
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 09:09 AM

Tabby, if they have any concerns, they will do a needle biopsy ( not nearly as awful as it sounds) , but at the moment it is sounding like there is nothing to worry about!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2018, 09:22 AM

Hi

I am so, so, pleased for you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top