Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 06:50 PM

Re: Scorch?

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I would like another water butt fitted dongles, I must get a couple of prices as I've no idea what it should cost.
How long do you reckon one should take to fit roughly?
I suppose it depends on where it is to be sited. Mine was an easy fit and took me about fifteen minutes. If you already have one, you can fit another next to it via a linking kit (just need a couple of holes drilling)

In either case I doubt it would take anyone more than an hour unless perhaps you have cast iron down pipes.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 07:15 PM

Had to bin a lot of my pot plants, burnt and just really unhealthy looking so decided they're not worth the effort.

Lawn looks bad but hopefully it will recover..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Had to bin a lot of my pot plants, burnt and just really unhealthy looking so decided they're not worth the effort.

Lawn looks bad but hopefully it will recover..
Somehow the lawn always seems to recover when the rain returns.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 05:13 AM

and you think ya gotta drought asked Paul Hogan - nah that's just a hiccup in ya weather chart. This is a drought!!:

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...14&CMP=ema_632
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I've lost lots of plants mainly conifers. I moved them here from my old place and don't think they'd put down new roots in time before this heat started.
Roses are doing well so are the hydrangea (strangely) but they're sheltered after first thing in the morning.

My sister who lives about a mile up hill from me had her patio doors shatter with the heat (karma)! One of the selling points when she bought her house was that the garden was the hottest in Britain.
It has views right across Cheddar and beyond.
Yes I have a pal whose South facing bay window shattered with the heat she said it was like an explosion when it happened and scared her half to death

Back to the OP yes Hydrangea leaves...still looks pretty though
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 06:11 AM

I pass a short line of Horse Chestnut trees on my way to the bus stop. Normally at this time of year they are producing the familiar 'conkers' - all green, round and plump. This year they are shriveled to the size of peas and the leaves are all scorched.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 01:15 PM

I wonder if that is the heat Tabs, or if it is that disease of horse chestnut trees that is spreading all over the country, though yours do certainly look scorched.

Poor trees don't look good do they, hope it doesn't make the roots unstable for the winter gales.

https://www.forestry.gov.uk/horsechestnutleafminer
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2018, 04:29 PM

They were looking OK before this awful heatwave struck, Mups.

Unfortunately my hosepipe won't reach that far!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

22-07-2018, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
and you think ya gotta drought asked Paul Hogan - nah that's just a hiccup in ya weather chart. This is a drought!!:

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...14&CMP=ema_632
Well slap my arse with a boomerang.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

22-07-2018, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well slap my arse with a boomerang.
Only if I can sell tickets for the event !

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top