Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 09:04 PM

Re: Pseudomona in blood

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hello stranger I won't ask how you are clearly not so good.

Do you mean Pseudomonas, I have had pseudomonas aeruginosa in my lungs, it is resistant to most antibiotics but there are a couple that work to suppress it .

About 8years ago I was ill all winter with a chest infection that wouldn't go away and was shocked when I tested positive for this. I was warned that it may lay dormant in my lungs and reoccur but it hasn't done so far. Heaven knows where I picked it up .

Pseudomonas can occur in various parts of the body including the blood.

Hello Meg, it's been Ali you must have been so scared , it's good you are home now and I hope you are feeling better.
Hello Meg. it's been a long time. I always come on here when I get scared don't I. Yes I do mean Pseudomonas (such a hard word to spell). I'm sorry to hear that you had it in your lungs and brilliant that it hasn't reoccurred. Actually Meg, by reading your post I feel a lot better just knowing that someone else has had it, I hope that doesn't sound strange. Thank you very much for replying.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Hello Meg. it's been a long time. I always come on here when I get scared don't I. Yes I do mean Pseudomonas (such a hard word to spell). I'm sorry to hear that you had it in your lungs and brilliant that it hasn't reoccurred. Actually Meg, by reading your post I feel a lot better just knowing that someone else has had it, I hope that doesn't sound strange. Thank you very much for replying.
Ali that doesn't sound strange at all. I was shocked and scared too.
When the test results came back I was just starting to feel better after 6 months of feeling dreadful . My son was taking me away to the seaside for a week and I was actually waiting by the door to be collected by him when the phone rang and it was my GP to say you have a serious antibiotic-resistant infection, come to the surgery right away and collect some medication. Had the phone call been ten minutes late I would have left the house for a week along with a serious infection.

The infection doesn't bother some people but if your immune system is not working well it can be very serious.
Eating a healthy diet full of vegetables, fruit fish and nuts can help build up your immune system again .
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2018, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Ali that doesn't sound strange at all. I was shocked and scared too.
When the test results came back I was just starting to feel better after 6 months of feeling dreadful . My son was taking me away to the seaside for a week and I was actually waiting by the door to be collected by him when the phone rang and it was my GP to say you have a serious antibiotic-resistant infection, come to the surgery right away and collect some medication. Had the phone call been ten minutes late I would have left the house for a week along with a serious infection.

The infection doesn't bother some people but if your immune system is not working well it can be very serious.
Eating a healthy diet full of vegetables, fruit fish and nuts can help build up your immune system again .
That is really scarey to think you could have gone away not knowing about the serious antibiotic-resistant infection. Unfortunately for me my immune system isn't working well. I am eating very healthily and this heat doesn't help!!!! Thanks Meg
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
I am eating very healthily and this heat doesn't help!!!! Thanks Meg
Hi Alicat. Sorry to hear about your ailments.

May I ask, what do you consider "eating very healthy"?

Your immune system is THE No 1 priority here as without it you will spiral into more and more infections and need more and more antibiotics which in turn will continue to destroy all your good gut flora and so on.

Your immune system and gut flora are the engines of your health and they are YOUR responsibility, no-one else's.

So what have you been eating to recover your immune system?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Hi Alicat. Sorry to hear about your ailments.

May I ask, what do you consider "eating very healthy"?

Your immune system is THE No 1 priority here as without it you will spiral into more and more infections and need more and more antibiotics which in turn will continue to destroy all your good gut flora and so on.

Your immune system and gut flora are the engines of your health and they are YOUR responsibility, no-one else's.

So what have you been eating to recover your immune system?
Real you do sometimes come across as patronising. While I do agree with a lot of what you say you could word your posts a little less patronising then you wouldn't come across as such a know it all
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 04:36 PM

Welcome back,so sorry you have been so poorly .So many of us here have health problems & are willing to help. I have not heard of your blood condition I do hope your treatment will help you
Alicat
West Berkshire

21-07-2018, 05:03 PM

I need to have tests to find out why I am so iron deficient and I am very anaemic which makes my immune system very low. The sooner all that can be sorted out the better. It's my fault as I have been like it for some time and kept putting it off. The hospital has requested several times that my GP looks into it. This time I definitely will do.

I am eating healthy and have been for some time and have lost quite a bit of weight which of course all helps I tend to live on salads at the moment (saves cooking ). I eat half a bag of raw spinach a day (I love it ), I eat nuts, no more than two slices of bread a day. I've stopped eating high sugar stuff - chocolate, cakes, sweets.

The sooner I can have the tests done the better. Thanks
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2018, 06:18 PM

Alicat, I don't know if this will give you more confidence in getting better but my close friend, who has incurable cancer, had Sepsis a few months ago and was taken into hospital. I don't know if it was the same type that you have , but all Sepsis is very serious, and she is now home and has completely recovered from it.

I wish you well , but if any minor symptoms re-occur, let your doctor know immediately. The sooner you catch it the better your chance of recovery.... so never be afraid to check if you are concerned, even if you are wrong!
Alicat
West Berkshire

21-07-2018, 07:06 PM

Thanks Twink55 I will.

Thanks Deylon and Lion Queen for your replies.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top