Join for free
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 10:28 AM

Pay Pal advice, please

I have just joined a new forum where you must subscribe via Pay Pal in order to send & receive PMs - www.edgematters.uk

Right, so now I have a Pay Pal account I'm thinking of trying to sell some items on a couple of forums, but not Ebay as the items are chef's knives

I'm something of a technophobe, so could someone please explain to me in plain simple English how I would organise the sale, and payment via PayPal
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 10:47 AM

Re: Pay Pal advice, please

I'm afraid that I have only used Paypal a couple of times and I can't remeber exactly how I did it, but don't remember any problems.
They do have a help page I believe, and if I remeber correctly first time you use it they point you there.
Sorry not to be much help, I am sure someone will be along shortly that makes more sense.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 10:54 AM

I have only ever used Paypal through Ebay which are sort of tied together, so when you make a purchase or sell items, you are always given the option of using Paypal. Are you not allowed to sell knives on Ebay?
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 11:11 AM

No, you can't sell knives on British Ebay, so I was going to try a couple of knife forums; a cooking forum; and this forum, if I'm allowed to
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 11:12 AM

Going from what I learned from building my brother's website, I inserted a paypal icon and attached a link to it that led to my brother's Paypal account.

Once the link was clicked, the user was taken to the Paypal website where there were on screen instructions to follow.

How the system works between Paypal and your bank, I have no idea.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 11:18 AM

Paypal is an account tied to your nominated bank account which means that any money in Paypal can be transferred to your bank or vice versa.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 11:33 AM

Not necessarily your bank account it can be linked to a credit card.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-08-2017, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Not necessarily your bank account it can be linked to a credit card.
Indeed!
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 08:05 PM

My wife and I have bought evrything on the internet with Paypal from bottle tops to a new €800 brushcutter without a problem. They contact us regularly to ask if we have any problems with internet sellers.
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!
Lochsong is female  Lochsong has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2017, 10:46 PM

I use Paypal all the time when purchasing on the internet, and if there is a problem, your money is guaranteed by Paypal. I've experienced one or two problems and they have always sorted it out and to date, I have never been left out of pocket. They are very good.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top