Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 02:14 PM

Re: Days out

My day out yesterday to Hampton Court Palace started with rain as i caught the Coach, once on board i was told by the lady sitting next to me that there was something wrong with the coach and we were to have to Change at Derby ,
On arrival at Derby Bus station we sat waiting for the replacement . and for some reason it turned into a traffic jam , never seen so many buses at one time all queuing to get out , it took an inspecting to come and try sort them out , mean while our replacement was stuck in it and couldnt get
to us ..Our driver was trying to get a space for it and a local town bus took it . Mmm a lot of arms flapping and waving went on till it finally got a parking space and we off loaded made a run in the rain to get our seats ..
Our bus had a Puncture I was told ..
The journey down was by the most part in Rain and heavy traffic on a Motorway , got a little better when we got on the M1, and we went round the M25 finally arriving a little latter than planned at 1.30 , there was signs up saying no coaches at HCP, Driver gets out and spoke to the Gate person who kindly gave directions where to park , which was over the bridge and at HC train station .
The driver told us to be back for 6pm ,there was plenty to see even King Henry who just happened to walk through a arch way as i was , I asked him if i could take his photo to which he answered" Yes but be quick about it" just the sort of thing the real KH would have said I thought , before sending me to the executioner .
The gardens were immaculate, and so they should be id never seen so many gardeners, probably volunteers i thought .
All in all i had a lovely day and arrived back home at 10pm tired , worn out.

This morning i had a letter to tell me my Tower of London trip has been cancelled due to lack of interest , so im disappointed about that .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
I'm going to Shrewsbury by train so no traffic problems for me

I was in Ironbridge last Tuesday and there was no work being done on the bridge ???

Carol ... I don't go into pubs except for Wetherspoons to get something to eat
Hi

English Heritage are spending £1.25 million on it this year myrtle, including a total repaint, they did start earlier this year, February, on some bits of it, but as I understood it, they, or the Council, still have ongoing works.

I haven't been fishing there recently, due to ill health, so I am not totally up to date with things.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 05:52 PM

Blimey Eliza, what a nightmare journey! And getting home so late.

Did you feel the trip was worth it, though?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2017, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Blimey Eliza, what a nightmare journey! And getting home so late.

Did you feel the trip was worth it, though?
Hi Jazzi , yes I did feel it was worth it , the rain held off while we was there so i was able to take lots of photos outside in the gardens as well as in side over 300 , still looking through them .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 11:51 AM

Has anybody been to Osterley Park & House? It's a Georgian country estate in west London.

My friend is a National Trust member and is trying to get round as many properties as she can. I'm accompanying her to this one. Really looking forward to it.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

20-08-2017, 02:11 PM

Not been to that one Carol , have a lovely time and Id love to see the photos.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 02:55 PM

I've not been either ... have great time

On Tuesday I'm going to Crosby by train with a friend who's never seen the Anthony Gormley statues ... "Another Place" .... she's in for a treat
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

20-08-2017, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
I've not been either ... have great time

On Tuesday I'm going to Crosby by train with a friend who's never seen the Anthony Gormley statues ... "Another Place" .... she's in for a treat

Had to look that up Myrtle , and remembered once i saw them

I wonder if they have been cleaned up for your visit ,one was wearing a Pink Polka Dot Bikini

Will there be any Photos to follow

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-20 at 19.27.42.png
Views:	93
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	3749  
Moocher
West Midlands
Moocher is male 

20-08-2017, 07:42 PM

Was it worth putting the bikini bottom on? hahaha!!!!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2017, 07:57 PM

@ Myrtles picture.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top