Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2013, 02:33 PM

Mammograms

Anyone know at what age we can escape these wretched x-rays finally? I know perhaps we should be grateful we have this facility free in this country, but that don't make it any more pleasant! Wonder how many men would happily go repeatedly and have their bits sqashed between two metal plates till their eyes watered? Am I the only one who dreads it?:
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2013, 02:38 PM

Re: Mammograms

I have heard that its uncomfortable,havent had that end seen to as yet,its usually! a camera where the sun dont shine,that is my speciality.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2013, 02:40 PM

There is a new gizmo available in some hospital that's a cone mammogram - your boobs dangle inside a cone instead of being squashed flat; much more civilised.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2013, 02:43 PM

Oh my goodness I love having mine and when they say all clear I could cry with joy, having had breast cancer twice I would go through anything with a smile on my face if I knew it would help me feel disease free.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2013, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
There is a new gizmo available in some hospital that's a cone mammogram - your boobs dangle inside a cone instead of being squashed flat; much more civilised.
I like the sound of that much more!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

25-07-2013, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Oh my goodness I love having mine and when they say all clear I could cry with joy, having had breast cancer twice I would go through anything with a smile on my face if I knew it would help me feel disease free.
What a lovely way to look at it Julie, you're a brave girl indeed.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I like the sound of that much more!
Me too - we just a need a few more hospitals to invest in them. If blokes had to have their dangly bits scanned, you can bet they wouldn't squash them like that and the cone scanner would be available in a hospital near you
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Oh dear oh dear, not the old "men don't have to have their bits squashed" moan.

OUr bits are squashed for most of the day, every day.

AS for pains of childbirth , why I didnt feel a thing.

Prostrate trouble, now thats our curse.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

25-07-2013, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
I have heard that its uncomfortable,havent had that end seen to as yet,its usually! a camera where the sun dont shine,that is my speciality.
You make me think perhaps I shouldn't whinge about the mammogram after all! Poor you.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

25-07-2013, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Oh dear oh dear, not the old "men don't have to have their bits squashed" moan.
You say that like it's been said before

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top