Join for free
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 05:07 PM

Over 50s Dating

Hi All

The topic of over 50s dating sites has cropped up in a few threads recently, and as some of you may recall, I've said that I've thought about creating such a site myself

There seems to be so many bad sites out there, ranging from those with fake profiles which are 'bought' as a database (and often not of real people) to those that charge a subscription and get people hooked by getting paid staff to talk to new customers but just enough to entice them to pay once their free trial is over there just seems to be so much dishonesty in the industry.

I want our site to be nothing like those, but a genuine, honest site. It would also be good for Over 50s forum as we'd get a sister site - so people who find the dating site might also be interested in joining this forum we could also expand into other sites too, so this could just be the beginning

So is this something you might personally be interested in? If not, do you think there's a call for it or know someone who might be?

What kind of features would you like to see? Do you have any experience of such sites? Any other tips or feedback?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts, ideas and feedback

If you'd prefer to give me your feedback in private, please post them in a new thread in the contact admin section.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 05:09 PM

Re: Over 50s Dating

I forgot to say, I recently acquired an excellent domain which, would probably show up very close to the top when anyone searches for over 50s dating - so, it really could be a prominent site, or one of the leading dating sites for the over 50s...
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 05:17 PM

Azz I've perused dating sites in the past and you have to give out a fair amount of personal information, your description, where you live, likes and dislikes etc, one thing I liked about them is no one knows you so I wouldn't join a site which is affiliated to another where members already know of me, I think it takes guts to do online dating and I personally would feel uncomfortable sharing such info with others who I already have an "online" friendly relationship with such as here
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 05:19 PM

Obviously not for me Azz
Even if I were single - don't know of any takers either
GrumpyOldMan
USA
GrumpyOldMan is male  GrumpyOldMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 05:26 PM

I'm married and not interested.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 05:45 PM

I'm married and may have to be interested.

(Don't ask!)
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 05:47 PM

No interest to me either.

I will say though that you have to be careful and make sure that the dating site and social side are separate specifically clear or you get people joining with avatars in a state of undress and worse in their picture galleries. and they start 'propositioning' members of the opposite sex as soon as they join.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 05:54 PM

I agree Pats and it would be difficult to separate the two when you've already got to know folk on one site and some would more than likely check the dating site out just to see who's on it.
Margoletta
France
Margoletta is female 

29-06-2014, 06:01 PM

I would say a cautious yes.

I am single and not looking for anyone, but if there was a decent site that wasn't full of trolls, or pervs looking for hookups (to say nothing of Russian women looking to rip lonely guys off) then yes, I might give it a whirl.😸 Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 07:02 PM

I agree it could be good for the singles on here as many of them like flirting anyway. Let's hope there's no spillover from a dating site onto here. I don't mean to sound like a church lady, what I mean is, we've already been through a battle of sorts lately with some crudeness. I realize its better for a site to keep having new members joining all the time, but if the dating possibilities can't find anyone on their area, these members may begin bothering people here with out & out suggestiveness or we'll be going through what we all just went through. Am I making sense?

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top