Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2016, 10:51 AM

Re: State Pension Forecast Online

A pension paid to someone who is disabled or bereaved by war.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 01:26 PM

I get too see my Class 2, and Class 4 NI contributions separately, Class 4 is 9% on all earnings over £8060.00 PA, Class 2 (which I think is the state pension bit) is a very reasonable £145.60 PA.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2016, 04:04 PM

They were saying on TV this morning that folk will have to wait until 80 to get a pension in the not too distant future.
Why can't they increase the NI contributions?
A lot of people either can't afford or don't know how, or are just too lazy to take out private pensions which aren't always secure anyway.
If it's the only way to be sure of a pension surely paying more in makes sense, doesn't it?
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2016, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by jaywalker ->
I'm just curious as an ex-Brit - is £155 the most a pensioner can get who has no other income?

Our Australian pensions currently equate to about £220 (single) a week and £330 a week (couple) but they are means tested and reduce according to how much other income you have. eg - we're both on a part pension of $130 (£65) a week each because we also have a pension from our jobs.

Another question - I gather you have to pay for aged care in the UK - so what happens to those who have nothing but the state pension? My friend's father in the UK was paying £500 a week and had to sell his house to pay for it. What happens if you don't own a house?
Really pleased to know you get over 25% more than the average top pension earner in good ol' blighty. It may have something to do with our immigration policy........which isn't shared by Oz is it?
Yes, we pay for aged care in the UK, unless we have very little capital, in which case it's free. Erm....on the other hand, those who DO have their own home and need care, are required to pay and if necessary have their homes seized and sold............

What happens in Oz if you don't own your own house? Is everyone rich there?
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2016, 03:58 PM

As a waspi woman I have been aggrieved over the pension loss to me for being born in the fifties.

They let me know about the first increase but I had no clue of the second increase by a further two years until I checked a pension calculator a few years ago.

To say I wan't happy is a major understatement.

I did the state pension forecast a few months ago and was delightfully astonished to find I am indeed one of those 13%.

Only another two and a half years to go, quietly seething, sorta smiley.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have just done my State Pension forecast online.

Very quick and easy, but surprised at the amount.

I will not be getting the full £155 a week, only £123.57, due to me occupational pension being a contracted out pension scheme.

Apparently only 13% of new pensioners will get the full amount.

I wonder how many realise that?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top