Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
veganchick
United Kingdom
veganchick is female  veganchick has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 10:31 PM

Poldark

I heard that the second series was on TV. I have the first series on DVD which I enjoyed. I watched tonight episode even though I missed the fist five it did not disappoint. I will defiantly but the end series when it becomes avalible.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 06:59 AM

Re: Poldark

I have downloaded the first five and will download ep 6 in a few minutes. I hadn't seen the first series so had to get that first. Good series
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 09:17 AM

We've recorded it and will watch it when the nights are colder it feels more like a winter series to me.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by veganchick ->
I heard that the second series was on TV. I have the first series on DVD which I enjoyed. I watched tonight episode even though I missed the fist five it did not disappoint. I will defiantly but the end series when it becomes avalible.
VC there should be some episodes from this series on Iplayer to help you catch up.

I am enjoying this series as I did with the first

ETA Here you are, all current episodes....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b07pn8mz
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 09:44 AM

I quite enjoy it when it's on but somehow never look forward to seeing it. I think Poldark annoys me because he is always putting everyone before his own wife & child. What I do enjoy is the old Cornish dialect.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 10:59 AM

Have seen a few episodes of this new version - but still think the original was best.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Have seen a few episodes of this new version - but still think the original was best.
I agree ST. This latest versions seems to be all about the image rather than the story. I do like Phil Davis (Jud) in it though.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree ST. This latest versions seems to be all about the image rather than the story. I do like Phil Davis (Jud) in it though.
Very true, Longdogs.

I to like Phil Davis - he turns up in so many things and is an excellent actor.

For me - Robin Ellis was the definitive Ross Poldark - much more credible than the current man - whose name I forget.

And - Ralph Bates was wonderful as George Warleggan - so handsome yet so menacing!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2016, 05:56 PM

I too rate Phil Davis one of our very best.

I've been 'following' him since forever...first saw him in a 70s TV play called Gotcha where he played a teenage delinquent boy, it was so moving I never forgot it.

He's got that kind of face you never forget, instantly recognisable.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 12:28 PM

Get those bodices out ready to be ripped girls ..
Poldark series 3 starts tonight

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top