Join for free
Page 18 of 18 « First < 8 16 17 18
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 09:54 PM

Re: BEWARE Smart Meters Coming

Thanks for that JB, I received a letter through the post the other day to arrange for them to come and install a Smart Meter, I was worried they might come and install it while I was out because I didn't respond to the letter and my meter boxes are outside.......
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks for that JB, I received a letter through the post the other day to arrange for them to come and install a Smart Meter, I was worried they might come and install it while I was out because I didn't respond to the letter and my meter boxes are outside.......
To be on the safe side, I'd certainly tell them in writing that you refuse to have one.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
To be on the safe side, I'd certainly tell them in writing that you refuse to have one.
Cheers JB, will do....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 10:44 PM

Not read all the posts so might have had this mentioned before.

If you change suppliers the existing smart meter won't work and you will have to pay for one used by the new supplier, so I am told it be installed
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

If you change suppliers the existing smart meter won't work and you will have to pay for one used by the new supplier, so I am told it be installed
So a means of discouraging customers from looking for a better deal then.

Just one more reason for refusing to have a smart meter.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

Yes, I read about this somewhere too, realspeed.
What a bloomin' con!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 11:37 PM

And a few more reasons for not having one fitted

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/con...o-smart-meter/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

04-08-2017, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by rehab44 ->
and a few more reasons for not having one fitted

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/con...o-smart-meter/
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 12:04 AM

I have just drafted a letter to British Gas to expressly and formally register with them my decision to never allow a smart meter to be fitted at my property. I thought I might as well do this before they start with the inevitable letters, emails and calls.

I have also printed off 2 A4 sheets which I have laminated which state "WARNING" in big letters and goes on to say:

"Do NOT install a smart meter here.

Under no circumstances is a Smart Meter to be installed at this property.

Any attempt to do so will result in legal action being taken"

I have placed one such poster in each of my electric and gas meter boxes.

This will hopefully ensure that no-one from the energy company or a sub-contracted engineer will come un-announced and try and install one.

Page 18 of 18 « First < 8 16 17 18

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top