Join for free
Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 10:31 PM

Re: BEWARE Smart Meters Coming

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Perhaps, but then we still have the right to change supplier - as often as we like with no penalty - and it is very easy to do. Competition is still the best thing for the consumer.

Won't all suppliers do the same as British Gas eventually though?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Perhaps, but then we still have the right to change supplier - as often as we like with no penalty - and it is very easy to do. Competition is still the best thing for the consumer.
At the moment the smart meters are not compatable between companies, switch suppliers and the meter may have to be changed too

1.5 million smart meters won't work when you switch energy supplier
Smart meters will lose functions if householders switch to another energy firm, with a one-year wait before the problem is resolved
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...-supplier.html

I am hoping the natiowide roll out of meters will be halted when it becomes clear the whole project is being done to benifit the power companies not the public .
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, I feel much the same way Rehab.
They have asked me several times already if they can change me over but I've managed to fend them off so far.
They have yet to ask me, I am composing responses in my head, most of them seem to end in off

Have I got this right ....I am sure I read/heard that each energy company has a different smart meter? Making it very difficult to swap providers, something I tend to do on a regular basis, any comments on that?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
They have yet to ask me, I am composing responses in my head, most of them seem to end in off

Have I got this right ....I am sure I read/heard that each energy company has a different smart meter? Making it very difficult to swap providers, something I tend to do on a regular basis, any comments on that?

Yes. Read Meg's post 22 about this. Seems they are all different. Stupid! (not you I meant the meter companies).
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am hoping the natiowide roll out of meters will be halted when it becomes clear the whole project is being done to benifit the power companies not the public .
Seriously doubt that will happen. Too much money involved. Gov't as ever will be bought of with backhanders.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes. Read Meg's post 22 about this. Seems they are all different. Stupid! (not you I meant the meter companies).
Thanks Mups, I missed that, it would seem that we are between a rock and a hard place then?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2016, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
At the moment the smart meters are not compatable between companies, switch suppliers and the meter may have to be changed too

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...-supplier.html

So there's the answer: change companies every week!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

11-12-2016, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Thanks Mups, I missed that, it would seem that we are between a rock and a hard place then?

Looks pretty much like it at the moment anyway.
It's all wrong isn't it.
Shadowman
Wisconsin, USA
Shadowman is male  Shadowman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2016, 10:39 AM

If it is the alleged health impacts, then one might want to worry about other sources of electro magnetic radiation. Your computer router for example, and that electric razor, you may want to give up shaving.
https://www.safespaceprotection.com/...outer-dangers/
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2016, 11:25 AM

One of my neighbours has 'pay as you go' meters - how will Smart meters cope with that?

Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top