Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
emy
New Member!
Canada
emy is female 

07-03-2017, 12:48 PM

Re: Chemicals, Chemicalz and Yet More Chemicals

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Is you home septic or antiseptic? I watched an investigation from German TV where a housewife was tasked with buying chemicals from her local supermarket to match the cleaning needs of her house and family. One husband and two teenage boys.

The usual suspects were cleaned thoroughly using the manufacturers' recommended chemical (names quite familiar over here in GB. When she had finished all tasks, the house didn't look any cleaner, as it was immaculate to start with.

A microbiologist then took slides from all the surfaces she had cleaned, labelled and then took them back to his laboratory. The claims of the makers were then gradually disproved.

It seems to me, that ultra cleanliness and excessive pouring of chemicals into the water table is wrong and a waste of money and resources. When you were young, didn't you have a pocket full of dirt and earthworms to shew mummy? It seem that a little dirt didn't hurt anyone.

What do you think?
I have always supported minimal usage of chemicals. In the long run, greening bathrooms can help you save bucks by conserving water consumption and eliminating health risks of chemical ridden cleaners. I use low-flow toilets and low cost natural mold killers than heavy duty toxic cleaning agents. Use a squeegee to quickly wipe down the surround after every shower. If you have tall walls, an extendable squeegee is a must-have. This article on eco-friendly bathrooms suggests natural cleaning solutions http://www.dispenser.com/blog/organi...ndly-bathroom/. Chemicals in cleaning products can also enter our bodies by absorption through the skin or through ingestion of chemical residues left on dishes and cutlery. When cleaning products are flushed down the drain, they can have serious impact on the ecosystems.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2017, 09:12 PM

Re: Chemicals, Chemicalz and Yet More Chemicals

Originally Posted by emy ->
I have always supported minimal usage of chemicals. In the long run, greening bathrooms can help you save bucks by conserving water consumption and eliminating health risks of chemical ridden cleaners. I use low-flow toilets and low cost natural mold killers than heavy duty toxic cleaning agents. Use a squeegee to quickly wipe down the surround after every shower. If you have tall walls, an extendable squeegee is a must-have. This article on eco-friendly bathrooms suggests natural cleaning solutions http://www.dispenser.com/blog/organi...ndly-bathroom/. Chemicals in cleaning products can also enter our bodies by absorption through the skin or through ingestion of chemical residues left on dishes and cutlery. When cleaning products are flushed down the drain, they can have serious impact on the ecosystems.
I agree with most of what you say Emy, however, I must take exception at using 'low flow' or 'Short Flush' toilets. They tend to block up faster than using a proper flush.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top