Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 09:57 AM

Re: Forget the bad Times?

i feel it could be beneficial to some, ive seen ex miltary with PTSD nothing but living wrecks. Who am i to deny them restoration to normality, however it must be a proven remedy and not destructive too the point that it destroys our healthy memories.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, perhaps at present the removal process destroys the memories, but if they can remove them without damaging them, they could in theory, transplant them into another brain.
'FRINGE' fans will already be aware of this theory. In the series, several patients were driven mad by reoccurring thoughts such as certain numbers and colours and memories. It was discovered that another person's brain cells had been stored inside their own brains. They were the brain cells of scientist Walter Bishop and had been removed several years previous.

When removed, the patients returned to normal.

Sci-Fi I know but it makes you wonder.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
'FRINGE' fans will already be aware of this theory. In the series, several patients were driven mad by reoccurring thoughts such as certain numbers and colours and memories. It was discovered that another person's brain cells had been stored inside their own brains. They were the brain cells of scientist Walter Bishop and had been removed several years previous.

When removed, the patients returned to normal.

Sci-Fi I know but it makes you wonder.
Star Trek voyager did that years ago, Tom had memories from a murdered man implanted and had to relive the murder every few hours as a punishment.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Star Trek voyager did that years ago, Tom had memories from a murdered man implanted and had to relive the murder every few hours as a punishment.
I was going to mention the nightmare of having a certain forum member's memories implanted but probably shouldn't.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I was going to mention the nightmare of having a certain forum member's memories implanted but probably shouldn't.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 01:40 PM

I strongly believe this has been going on for decades unknown to Joe public, who’s always the last to know anyway, they know full well the public would not allow their representatives in government to permit this type of playing God, so they do it all in secret, we know they have the technology to do what they like with human life, it only takes one or two generations to change things completely, a whole new history of the world according to the elite would be written and no one the wiser.
Scientist by their very nature don’t just stop because it’s not lawful to proceed, they are curious animals, they have to be, otherwise they'd make lousy scientists, they have all they need to go as far as they want to and who cares if a few hundred miserable nobodies die or go bananas in the process, it’s all in the interests of science, they are in heaven, like putting Victor Frankenstein in charge of a brains trust.
“It’s alive! it’s alive!
I’m glad I’ll be well checked out before the monsters with plastic memories replace the workers, titter ye may, but it’s coming.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
This could be used very usefully in some people, we have men and women coming back from war zones with debilitating ptsd, we have people with crippling anxiety can't function after being raped or witnessing a violent death.

Ok their experiences made them but can we really say they have to go through life like that if there is something could help them ?
If I could have my time again I would have focused on something I only read about back in the 70s-PTSD.

And that does not involve ECT nor frontal lobe lobotomy.

Just for once I am not joking.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2017, 08:17 PM

I'm afraid that some of us need no help at all in helping us to forget things.

I've just gone into the kitchen and didn't have a clue why I'd gone there.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top