Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 03:06 PM

AA and AAA battery chargers

I didn't realise that the average battery charger no matter if it is charging 2 batteries or 8 batteries only use one micro chip
So if the first 2 in the sequence get fully charged the rest don't,. or if there is a dud battery that also will block of the rest from charging.

Because of this I have just purchased a MAHA MH-C801D 8 position charger. This has an individual microchip for each position. That allows all to charge up individually and a dead battery will not only show up on the display but still allow the others to fully charge
This charge will also discharge and recharge either slowly of fast. Ok expensive fairly (delivered around £60). Some rechargable batteries you may think are dead but are they.

I spotted this on youtube which made up my mind for me

The Imedion batteries are no longer available from what I have researched here in the UK at least
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 08:02 PM

Re: AA and AAA battery chargers

I have a dual voltage 4 place charger. It shows up duff cells. If one or more cells charges before the rest it continues to charge the others.
Different adaptors.
Cost me about £20.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 08:39 PM

Tell us more. Tregonsee
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 09:08 PM

I use this one which has been great.
However, I found Ansmann batteries to be rubbish. I use Eneloops.

https://www.granadabatteries.co.uk/a...850mah-aa.html
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
I have a dual voltage 4 place charger. It shows up duff cells. If one or more cells charges before the rest it continues to charge the others.
Different adaptors.
Cost me about £20.
out of interest does it dis charge the batteries as well before recharging to get the maximum out of the battery life. Also can you do a quick or trickle charge with it.
To be honest I have not come across a battery charger at that price which has individual chips for each circuit.

yours is different being a dual voltage charger. most do 110-240 volts .i suspect still a one chip charger
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
out of interest does it dis charge the batteries as well before recharging to get the maximum out of the battery life. Also can you do a quick or trickle charge with it.
To be honest I have not come across a battery charger at that price which has individual chips for each circuit.

That is different from a dual voltage charger
Isn't that more the case with nicd? I think nimh are effected less. Can't remember tbh
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

28-02-2017, 09:33 PM

This one I bought does NiMH and NiCD batteries that accept either 2.0a ( rapid charge) or1.0a (slow charge)
It in the instructions will not allow rapid charge with AA batteries under 2000mAH or AAA under 700mAH
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

28-02-2017, 09:53 PM

I only charge AA's tbh. For use in my high output led torches.
I always buy ones that are low self discharge.

The charger I have seems to charge them fine in either fast or trickle - not really observed a difference in performance either way tbh. The battery itself makes a difference. As I said, the Ansmann were rubbish and would self discharge way too quickly.

These were the ones I bought recently.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-2...28Pack+of+4%29
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

28-02-2017, 11:26 PM

At the moment I am using 7dayshop 2900/2800 mAH ones but they do then to loose power a bit to quickly when not in use for my liking, and they are getting a bit on the old side now
So please if you would let me know how they hold up power wise when not in use the new ones you just got the eneloop ones I mean
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

28-02-2017, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
At the moment I am using 7dayshop 2900/2800 mAH ones but they do then to loose power a bit to quickly when not in use for my liking, and they are getting a bit on the old side now
So please if you would let me know how they hold up power wise when not in use the new ones you just got the eneloop ones I mean
The ones I bought really are good. Self discharge is very low.
They should still be at 90% after a year if stored.

Sometimes it depends on the device they may be in. Some devices have a natural parasitic drain which is not the fault of the battery.
However, if charged but stored ready for use, the Eneloop pro's are superb.

This charger gets good reviews as well, and is a good price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/XTAR-Batter...words=XTAR+VC4

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top