Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 11:52 PM

Re: AA and AAA battery chargers

I have been looking at the MAHA Powerex batteries which also have good reviews. I bought the charger in the video I posted
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I have been looking at the MAHA Powerex batteries which also have good reviews. I bought the charger in the video I posted
Yeh they seem ok.

Mind you, Ansmann batteries were meant to be good, but rubbish in practice.
I can vouch for the Eneloop pro's though. Been using them for some time now.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 12:00 AM

that charger in your link is USB powered no good on board a ship with 240 volts supply
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
that charger in your link is USB powered no good on board a ship with 240 volts supply
Just use a cheap usb mains adapter.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

01-03-2017, 12:11 AM

never thought of that
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

01-03-2017, 12:17 AM

Let us know how you get on with the new charger.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 02:58 PM

I've had a high speed Duracell charger like this one for quiet some years now:

Charges really quickly, shows duff cells and charges all batteries regardless.

Have to think OP had a really old of cheap and nasty bit of kit TBH.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

01-03-2017, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Let us know how you get on with the new charger.
id a complete discharge and conditioning then recharge on 8 batteries 2800mah batteries but not on slow setting took about 12 hours.

Now trying saame size on what is called soft charge. So far it has taken 10 hrs and they estimate up to 36 hours to complete the cycle.

Long time? yes but don't forget this is refreshing from charge to discharge and recharge to get then back in top condition. A fast boost charge is about an hour is what I understand

This is what am doing at the moment, conditioning
1st stage is quick power up to batteries
2nd stange draining (as in video shown each individual cell )
3rd stage os soft charge
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

01-03-2017, 09:58 PM

Tbh,

I think too much credence is given to discharging and conditioning. This emanated more for NiCd, which could suffer a memory effect.

With NiMh, the memory effect is negligible if at all.
I've been using them for some years now, charge them whenever I feel like, and always fast charge. I've never noticed any lack of performance.

Please don't get me wrong, you do as you wish. But, ultimately I don't feel it makes as much difference as people would like to think on NiMh. I find it all a bit of a waste of time.

In saying that, let us know if you find it's made any noticeable difference.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2017, 12:48 PM

Just bought a Novete Allspark versatile battery charger from the Amazonian outfit! Works well and fast. Has discharge button and indicates duds on its screen.

For AAA, AA, SC, C and D and 9v. For Ni-MH, Ni-CD batteries. Output 1.2VDC at 1000-1800mA and 9VDC at 25mA.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top