Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 03:14 PM

Re: Craft Show at Doncaster.

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have always liked the work of Pollyanna Pickering especially her bird paintings .
Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Sounds like you had a great day ST. I would have liked to have met Pollyanna Pickering too, her work is superb. I can understand how the day went so fast, I used to spend hours just looking around WH Smith's when it was a proper art shop.
Pollyanna Pickering was a delight to talk so - she has travelled almost everywhere and has some hilarious tales to tell. It was a joy to meet her and her daughter at the show.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Sounds like a great day out ! They have one locally each year I'll look out for it.
Well worth a look, Julie, I'm sure you would have liked some of the fabrics on offer.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
And just across the road from the racecourse, in the old fire station, you will find 'Whitby's' Fish and chip restaurant. The best fish and chips this side of the 'Mason Dixon' line.....If I'm within a mile of that place it draws me in like water rushing down a plughole.....
I had actually taken a picnic - but I will remember that next time I go - July, I think.

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I used to go to the autojumble there when I had the old motorbikes, sometimes to buy and sometimes to sell. Haven't been for years though, don't know even if they still have one...
Didn't see any information/adverts about other shows, Barry. You may find something on their website though.

It was a wonderful day - tiring - but wonderful.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2017, 03:38 PM

Re: Craft Show at Doncaster.

It sounds a lovely show ST I like looking at people's craft work . I used to do pottery and lots of embroidery and sewing at one time. My hands and eyes aren't up to it now but I can still look.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top