Join for free
Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 02:28 PM

Re: Why young people were persuaded to voted for Corbyn

Originally Posted by Yolande ->
And do you think those 21 Tory MPs, including ministers, who lost their seats to Labour, from Crewe and Bury in the north to Kensington and Canterbury in the south are feeling like winners today?
No more I expect than the many Labour MPs who whilst having seats are once again sitting in the Opposition seats rather than the Governing seats.

With all the skulduggery in the world, and all the opportunity in the world, LABOUR STILL LOST BADLY!

They need to get out of denial, look seriously at why that was, and make the necessary changes instead of patting themselves on the back for a huge loss rather than a devastating loss.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I think we can attribute that claim to the late John Smith. If it wasn't for his untimely death he would have been Prime Minister (and a good one too) instead of the reviled Tony Blair.
I really liked john Smith. Such a tragedy.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Yolande ->
No your silly pictures highlight how juvenile you are.
And you were wrong about Corbyn's success in the election too.
The Conservatives won the most seats and votes.

Theresa May won with 43% of votes and that's the highest percentage of any Tory Leader since Thatcher in 1983.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I really liked john Smith. Such a tragedy.
Labour was never the same after John Smith died. He was what I call a true Labour man and a real gentleman.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
Labour was never the same after John Smith died. He was what I call a true Labour man and a real gentleman.
But he wasn't like the others. He came across as a very decent human being, normal not like the other politicians. I wasn't a labour voter, but I would have voted for him for sure.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Absolutely correct.

Shameful bribe by Labour and the young fell for it hook, line and sinker. Now the young are angry. They were played, supped, conned. Time will tell if they realise that.
I suppose it is just possible that they will come to realise their shortsightedness in time. Perhaps other, older people, who have seen through Corbyn's bribery might feel conned as well.

Should that happen, and May risks calling yet another general election, we might just find ourselves in a stronger Brexit position after all.

I live in hope.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 08:56 PM

The unelected, unseen, ruling elite will continue to run the UK and will continue their agenda, an agenda which will see the eradication of British nationality and the British way of life.
I take your point, but I cannot understand why our ruling elite should want to do that: to eradicate British nationality and our way of life.

Why would they do that? How would it benefit them?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-06-2017, 09:00 PM

Which highlights admirably what a shambles the party has gotten itself into

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-06-2017, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by realist ->
nobody achieved the 326 majority alone no. Yet the conservatives won the most seats, a mere 8 away from that majority, and they achieved the most overall votes.

Thus conservatives clearly did win.

What is so embarrassing for labour is that they still lost despite:

1) the tories having their worst campaign for 40 yrs
2) bribing 100s of 1000s of young people with free tuition fees
3) remainers voting tactically to keep tories from having a majority

labour gained a few seats but still had an unmitigated disaster.

Labour will never progress if people remain in total denial and keep trying to "polish the turd"!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2017, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I take your point, but I cannot understand why our ruling elite should want to do that: to eradicate British nationality and our way of life.

Why would they do that? How would it benefit them?
The whole concept of "Nationality" makes it difficult to control a country and its people. While ever people feel connected to their Nationality and believe in its value and ultimately are prepared to fight to keep it, then those who seek to dominate and control have a harder time of it.

The great sacrifices of our grandfathers and grandmothers in WWII are testimony to how highly they valued their freedoms and liberties and their nationality. They would be horrified to see what has transpired since.

The EU agenda is to effectively "neuter" everyone's nationality. To make them "nothing people" with absolutely no ties or connections to their country. That achieved they can rule Europe ruthlessly and without opposition as a totalitarian federal state. You only have to read the Lisbon Treaty to see how close they came to that. In that Treaty it is written that you may not oppose the EU and MUST support its actions and agendas.

While ever we hold onto our nationality, they can't achieve that totalitarian control. They can't neuter us and make us "nothing people", a collective of "Europeans" of no particular abode. Neither can they usurp our military forces and assimilate them into a wider EU army (another clause written into the Lisbon Treaty).

Britain is being systematically destroyed from many angles. Through the indoctrination of the young, through deliberate mass immigration, through deliberate running down of services including the NHS and of our military forces. The enemy has worked silently and stealthily from within, changed laws, walked over the British Constitution and tried to sell Britain down the river and hand a dumbed down populous on a plate to Junker.

Not sure whether we will escape with BrExit now or whether it will all be fudged.

Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top