Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 03:07 AM

Re: Sandwiches !

I like toasted bacon and avocado sandwiches but I don't like the bacon cold it has to come straight from the oven. Mr fussy.
I used to have one of those Breville toasted sandwich makers and liked cheese or cheese and bacon the trouble is they are so messy and difficult to clean.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 06:21 AM

Sild or Sprats with sliced tomatoes a dollop of Tobasco sauce on brown bread is good for me.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 08:12 AM

Brown, white or other breads ?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I like toasted bacon and avocado sandwiches but I don't like the bacon cold it has to come straight from the oven. Mr fussy.
I used to have one of those Breville toasted sandwich makers and liked cheese or cheese and bacon the trouble is they are so messy and difficult to clean.
The newer models are not so troublesome, MC, I recently bought a Breville deep pan - and it is great. The pans come out for easy cleaning and the deepness means I can use even more cheese !!
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
The newer models are not so troublesome, MC, I recently bought a Breville deep pan - and it is great. The pans come out for easy cleaning and the deepness means I can use even more cheese !!
Sounds good, I will have a look at the new one. I threw my old one away in the end. I like the fact that the toasted sandwich is crispy.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 05:32 PM

I love mushed up corned beef and chopped fine raw onion on a soft while roll.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 06:16 PM

Corned beef and tomato ketchup!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Corned beef and tomato ketchup!
There to die for Yummy..
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 07:27 PM

I like Cheese and Tuna with Onion mmmm
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2017, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Or just an ordinary Chip Butty
A woman after my own heart SJ.

Because we had a proper dinner with dessert last night, we didn't bother with lunch today, so for supper we have had a chip butty (microwave chips because I don't feel like cooking today)

While the microwave is doing the chips, I generously butter two slices of Warburton thick sliced, then place the two slices butter side down on the griddle to toast on the insides whilst the chips are doing. Spread some ketchup on the insides, chips in, sprinkle of salt, melt the cheese on top, lid on and cut in half. Mmmmmmm so many calories.. but hey, who cares, its Sunday. I can starve myself during the week.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top