Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 02:15 PM

Re: The Lost Art of Makng a Sandwich!

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I think triangles always taste better than squares, don't you Barry?
I would agree with you Mags!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
don't eat your crusts you won't have curly hair my old nan used to say.
My maternal grandmother used to tell me that too and I do eat the crusts because I hate waste but, sadly, I never had curly hair not even wavy hair *sobs*

My thin, fine, straight hair remains a mystery

I wonder where the saying came from.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Definitely need the butter right up to the edges and definitely should be cut into triangles.
Yep butter or spread right up to the edges but when it's a sandwich just for me, I chop it across the middle
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
If you need an independent assessor then I am available, and quite the qualified expert after 50 years of taking sandwiches to work every day.
LOL, Thanks Barry, you just made me chuckle. I have been making a sandwich for he who must obey's lunch box for countless years. Could just imagine his colleagues' faces if I was to cut the crusts off and cut into triangles!!
Nope, this is one of those occasions where my way bites the dust. It has to be a manly sandwich, (doorstopper) with only Cheese, Ham or Cold Chicken (usually with Cucumber or Branston small bite pickle), crusts left on and just cut in half.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
LOL, Thanks Barry, you just made me chuckle. I have been making a sandwich for he who must obey's lunch box for countless years. Could just imagine his colleagues' faces if I was to cut the crusts off and cut into triangles!!
Nope, this is one of those occasions where my way bites the dust. It has to be a manly sandwich, (doorstopper) with only Cheese, Ham or Cold Chicken (usually with Cucumber or Branston small bite pickle), crusts left on and just cut in half.
Ooooo Cheese and Pickle .... yummmmmmmm

When the late OH gave up being self employed I used to make his sandwiches the night before.
Frozen slices of bread are far easier to 'butter'.

He liked corned beef with brown sauce as well as beef or ham with Coleman's mustard.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 09:40 PM

I could not eat a sandwich that has margarine or that tubbed butter/oil in it. It has to be proper block butter.
My family love my sandwiches and say the ones they make, don't taste as good as mine!
Yes, SG, the butter has to be spread up to the corners and edges! When l make a sandwich for someone, l make sure l am generous with the ingredients and l cut the sandwich into triangles with my electric knife.
I place them on a plate with the pointed bit facing upwards and if l have it, l put a bit of parsley on to garnish them!
Looks and presentation is everything!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 09:48 PM

The perfect sandwich ....mmmmm!

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2017, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
In the construction industry we all eat them like that Mags, finesse is everything on site....
Exactly - and drink our tea out of proper china cups.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 08:24 AM

Don't forget your sandwich guard.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top