Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2017, 10:42 AM

Butane Weedkiller Lance

Seen these advertised, but wonder if they just burn off the surface leaves and the roots are unscathed. Any comments please.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 09:05 PM

Re: Butane Weedkiller Lance

I have one of these which I've used wih variable success. The theory is that the juices of the plant will be boiled down to the roots basicly cooking the plant. I had success with the smaller younger weeds but a lot of the bigger weeds came back.
Conclusion: Get em while they're small.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 09:16 PM

Hi

I have one of these, left over from the MIL's farm.

A fearsome beast, it kills everything.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Pest-Cont...me+weed+killer
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Seen these advertised, but wonder if they just burn off the surface leaves and the roots are unscathed. Any comments please.
Best method of getting rid of weeds is corrugated iron laid on the ground in summer, the heat from the iron under the sun kills the weeds, roots and their seeds. And it is free.

Might not work in the UK because you do need it to be sunny so you might be better sticking to Glyphosate 360.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 06:29 PM

Might try my handy propane plumbing torch at times.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2017, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Best method of getting rid of weeds is corrugated iron laid on the ground in summer, the heat from the iron under the sun kills the weeds, roots and their seeds. And it is free.

Might not work in the UK because you do need it to be sunny so you might be better sticking to Glyphosate 360.
Now having lived in Oz for thirty five years I'm guessing that you throw the corruated iron on the weeds then pull up a chair, snap a top of a cold one and watch them cook. I suppose if the iron got hot enough you could throw a couple of snags on it.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Kev60 ->
Now having lived in Oz for thirty five years I'm guessing that you throw the corruated iron on the weeds then pull up a chair, snap a top of a cold one and watch them cook. I suppose if the iron got hot enough you could throw a couple of snags on it.
Pretty much.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

Have I got this wrong?

So in the main growing season on your allotment you cover it with corrugated iron.

So what do you grow????????
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

10-07-2017, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Have I got this wrong?

So in the main growing season on your allotment you cover it with corrugated iron.

So what do you grow????????
Yep, you got it wrong, you only need to do it once. You obviously have had no experience of things like Onion Weed.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.

11-07-2017, 07:57 PM

Now that's impressive, getting rid of onion weed in one hit. I have a continuing battle with weeds between my paving stones, especially dandelions. I'm going to go out and buy a sheet of corrugated iron to give it a try.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top