Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 11:30 PM

Re: Photobucket

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Lol ... thought I already said it a couple of times

I am only a woman
There was me thinking that you were a shape shifting lizard! LOL.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2017, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
There was me thinking that you were a shape shifting lizard! LOL.

Oooo ... I could be

This is the internet innit
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I didn't know about this so useful info thanks.
There looks to be some sites that don't mind hot linking, or at least they don't have a prominent notice asking people not to do it. It is sometimes buried in their terms and conditions.

Others say that their images are free to use but should be downloaded to a computer then uploaded to an image hosting site for linking to.

It seems some site owners do mind their images being directly linked to though and take measures to stop it. A search for 'stop hot linking bandwidth theft' is quite revealing.

Then I suppose there could be copyright issues as well. All a bit of a grey area.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 09:12 AM

Hi

Some interesting information here.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0..._3rdparty_pgs/
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 10:02 AM

If enough people don't use Photobucket because of the cost, maybe 3rd party hosting will be made part of their less expensive plans. People would then be more likely to heave a sigh of relief and pay.

I'd say it would be better because customers would stay and Photobucket would at least be getting something. Not as much as they wanted but a lot more than they were getting from the free service. Obviously they weren't making much money from their advertising and would be well aware that many people block ads anyway.

I could have done that but have paid for the ad-free service for a few years. Not to avoid ads but to support the service I'd been using freely for a good while. Maybe the problem has arisen because not enough people were willing to pay something.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
If enough people don't use Photobucket because of the cost, maybe 3rd party hosting will be made part of their less expensive plans. People would then be more likely to heave a sigh of relief and pay.

I'd say it would be better because customers would stay and Photobucket would at least be getting something. Not as much as they wanted but a lot more than they were getting from the free service. Obviously they weren't making much money from their advertising and would be well aware that many people block ads anyway.

I could have done that but have paid for the ad-free service for a few years. Not to avoid ads but to support the service I'd been using freely for a good while. Maybe the problem has arisen because not enough people were willing to pay something.
It's such a shame they didn't tell us that they were considering charging. I think most of us would have been happy to pay a nominal fee.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

08-07-2017, 10:17 AM

Trying imgbb.com again

Seems to work OK but where are the terms and conditions?

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top