Join for free
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 11:43 PM

Password retrieval

I use an Amazon fire tablet with the silk browser. I also have a tower PC which I need to set up yet.
The problem is there appears to be no way to display the passwords the browser has stored so unless someone knows an app I can download to retrieve my stored passwords I'm going to have to go to each and every site, get a temporary password and then log in again and change them this time keeping a hard copy. Any suggestions please.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 12:00 PM

Re: Password retrieval

In Firefox browser there is a security section in the options menu. Within that section there is a `Remember Logins` feature that when ticked gives your browser the option of saving and remembering the passwords you use to access websites. There is also a `Saved Logins` button which displays all of the websites that you've asked the browser to save and within that list there is a display password feature.

Is there a similar section on your Kindle?
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 06:00 PM

Hi Judd.
No there's nothing like that at all. If I go onto a new site and have to create a password it immediately asks if i want it remembered and that's all, no file to see. I just wondered if anyone knew of a program/app I could install that could find them.
Wait, I've just thought, what if I ask the Russian hackers that work for Mr Putin. 😀
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 09:23 PM

Why not use the Forgotten password" option? They will email you a new one which you can then change to something more memorable
Mouse
New Member!
Netherlands
Mouse is male 

22-07-2017, 07:51 PM

Hi Mondays child,
This is unfortunate, but can turn into something very useful.
The thing is here that you are using a browser which doesn't exist anywhere outside of Kindle, so getting those passwords out can be very tricky.
Thankfully you can install a third party app which can do that work for you.
There's a whole article about it here: https://www.techwalla.com/articles/h...ds-on-a-kindle

Now I don't know if you already use a password manager, but if not, this can open a whole new world for you. Personally I use Dashlane (but it doesn't support Kindle) and I am absolutely loving it. I only have to remember 1 password and the app even fills in the passwords on the browser while I use my devices. It really saves a lot of time.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top