Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 09:25 AM

Re: The Frogs are demanding now!

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I don't get all this macho stuff.

We pay what we have legally signed up, not a penny more.

If we do not, we will have defaulted on International, legally binding agreements.

Our existing borrowing costs will go the roof, and getting new credit will be near impossible.

Getting new trade deals will be a nonstarter, nobody signs deals with a country which defaults on agreements.

It is not a matter of being scared, it is a matter of being sensible.

Sorry to say but that kind of sensible, solid and honest comment will get you nowhere.. People are screaming for EU blood and they dont care if its French , German, Spainish or a mix of all..
Any mention of a deal is vetoed by the macho leave supporters
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I don't get all this macho stuff.

We pay what we have legally signed up, not a penny more.

If we do not, we will have defaulted on International, legally binding agreements.

Our existing borrowing costs will go the roof, and getting new credit will be near impossible.

Getting new trade deals will be a nonstarter, nobody signs deals with a country which defaults on agreements.

It is not a matter of being scared, it is a matter of being sensible.
Being sensible is doing what I do when I go shopping.

i.e. check every item on the bill. I woul never pay a blanket (just give me a hundred quid) bill!

There is, as I understand it, no detailed EU bill yet available.

When all of the outgoings, and incomings, are properly listed, on the invoice, then we can talk about paying.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Sorry to say but that kind of sensible, solid and honest comment will get you nowhere.. People are screaming for EU blood and they dont care if its French , German, Spainish or a mix of all..
Any mention of a deal is vetoed by the macho leave supporters
So, can we assume that you approve of paying a bill of 100 billion without seeing what it represents?

How about assets that we have paid for over there?

Do you also suggest we continue with a legal system which gives the EC courts the power of overturning UK laws?

How about the rights of foreign workers ability to claim benefits for children who have never even been here!

I cannot hear the screaming, which you mention, but I'm glad that you see us as "Macho", which seems much more valid than "Wimps".
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
You quote two bad examples don't you?

etc....
Bruce, you're of French stock, aren't you?

Come on, admit it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 10:41 AM

You remainiacs must be rubbing your hands with glee!

It seems that the first of our concessions have now been handed to the EU: EU immigration will be allowed to continue for the next five years (at least).

You know, it has been at the back of my mind all along that we shall give in to them when push comes to shove. The referendum was rather pointless because whatever we voted for, at the end of the day, it is the politicians who will do things the way they want to, no doubt for their own benefit.

It was the same in Ireland some years ago. I think we must accept that we shall not leave the EU after all. The Conservatives, who I have voted for all my life, have let us down. Next, I expect them to agree to pay £100 billion to be allowed to remain under the same situation as Norway.

I said before in our poll that if the referendum result is not followed up to the letter, I shall not bother voting again. Goodbye democracy; goodbye Britain!

Actually, I can't think of any other party that is worth voting for. UKIP appears to be dead and buried.

On the other hand, at my time of life perhaps I should vote for Labour and at least gain some financial benefit from their magic money tree. Who cares what the consequences are in another 40 or so years?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Bruce, you're of French stock, aren't you?

Come on, admit it.
Welsh, with just a dash of Viking.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 12:19 PM

Welsh, with just a dash of Viking.
Ah a Norman.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Ah a Norman.
I think you are directionally challenged.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 12:35 PM

I think you are directionally challenged.
This article is about the people. For other uses, see Norman.
Victorian interpretation of the Normans' national dress, 1000–1100

The Normans (Norman: Normaunds; French: Normands; Latin: Normanni) were the people who, in the 10th and 11th centuries, gave their name to Normandy, a region in France. They were descended from Norse ("Norman" comes from "Norseman"[1]) Vikings (Old English wicingas—"pirates"[2]) from Denmark, Iceland and Norway who, under their leader Rollo, agreed to swear fealty to King Charles III of West Francia.[3] Through generations of assimilation and mixing with the native Frankish and Gallo-Roman populations, their descendants gradually adopted the Carolingian-based cultures of West Francia.[4] The distinct cultural and ethnic identity of the Normans emerged initially in the first half of the 10th century, and it continued to evolve over the succeeding centuries.[5]
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
So, can we assume that you approve of paying a bill of 100 billion without seeing what it represents?

How about assets that we have paid for over there?

Do you also suggest we continue with a legal system which gives the EC courts the power of overturning UK laws?

How about the rights of foreign workers ability to claim benefits for children who have never even been here!

I cannot hear the screaming, which you mention, but I'm glad that you see us as "Macho", which seems much more valid than "Wimps".
Hi

That is not in anyway required by EU Law.

The UK decided, on our own to pay them.

I have pointed this out many times on here.

The UK pays child benefit and child tax credits to almost 50,000 children who live in another EU country. The most common country of residence is Poland, where claims are made for almost 30,000 children. British rates are about four times those in Poland. The cost to the British taxpayer is just over £1 million per week. Only in four other EU countries do the rules allow for such payments to be made to non-resident children.

The UK guaranteed these payments, we should have just stopped them, the EU could have done nothing about them.

When Cameron swanned off early last year, he asked for permission to stop.

This was incredibly stupid, the effect was to ensure that the EU had jurisdiction over such payments.

He could have, and should have, just stopped them dead before he started his negotiations.

This mess is entirely down to our stupidity, why some continue to blame the EU is just beyond me.

There are numerous other examples of our stupidity which are being blamed on the EU, when they are entirely down to the UK and our own Politicians.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top