Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 12:03 AM

Re: Nuisance Squirrels

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I am a disciple of the Norwegian god Va, who was the god of baldness and sexual prowess.
C,mon Rehab - be honest and delete that bit.........
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Miserable bugger you.

Just wait till I tell me pet squirrel called Hazel....

Oh pipe down fender, or I'll start on again about your motorbike!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What motorbike? - I can't bloody get one!..........
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oh poor fender, there he is with no motorbike, an injured foot and now Mups is picking on him.

Mups you need to be careful or he could become another nuisance on the LTP thread!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 10:00 AM

Grey Squirrels are vermin carrying Squirrel pox which is destroying our native Reds. So shoot greys on sight is my answer before the red is eradicated by a pest that should not be here.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 10:33 AM

That's all very well saying to shoot 'em Nom, but most of us don't have a handy gun laying about indoors.

My dogs are fast and keen though.
In fact I have to be careful I don't mention that 'S' word in front of them, else they are off at 90 m.p.h. thinking they have a job to do. They are obsessed with them.

I must add, they never catch them, but they don't half chase them out the garden.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Grey Squirrels are vermin carrying Squirrel pox which is destroying our native Reds. So shoot greys on sight is my answer before the red is eradicated by a pest that should not be here.
They let them be where there are no Reds, but if they are living where Reds are, the Greys do get captured & culled. Doesn't eradicate them completely but it keeps the population in check.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
They let them be where there are no Reds, but if they are living where Reds are, the Greys do get captured & culled. Doesn't eradicate them completely but it keeps the population in check.
Sorry Tiff thats incorrect the limited culling has little effect, i live in an area that has reds who are declining at an alarming rate.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Sorry Tiff thats incorrect the limited culling has little effect, i live in an area that has reds who are declining at an alarming rate.
Then they should be doing more about it. They'll not let a Grey get near Brownsea Island, which is the only place down here I have seen Reds.
https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/brownsea-island
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 11:21 AM

Last year I had oak seedling growing in every pot outside my back door and in the lawn too. This year I caught him red handed digging a hole in the middle of the lawn and gave him a red card.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top