Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 01:26 AM

Long Term Health Study

I am just curious to know if anyone is the subject of a long term health study.

Personally I was invited (I use that term very loosely) to take part in a study called "45 Years and Up" many years ago and they send me regular questionnaires about my ongoing health. Have no idea what conclusions it has made yet as I don't follow their study.

They are a government funded Institute:

https://www.saxinstitute.org.au/

I just wondered if you are part of any long term study and do you keep abreast of any findings?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 01:38 AM

Re: Long Term Health Study

Yes, ones on stress and depression, I have stress but not depression. They ask things like choosing on a scales of 1-10 how you feel, how it affects your life etc. Lots of questions. It started when I saw a counsellor about my sister stressing me out.
I also do one about Chronic Fatigue.
Same sorts of questions.
I often wondered who gets to see these things. They say they're anonymous, but they have barcodes and reference numbers.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 09:59 AM

Yes a long term Diabetic study which follows the effect of the disease throughout my lifetime, had to go in for a battery of tests and provide samples which will provide a baseline database for future study.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 08:00 PM

I have never heard of this, but I did have a Dr from something called Care in the community visit me last week,asked questions how I was managing did I have any help etc,Said my named GP had asked her to call

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top