Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 10:15 AM

Chemo

Well tablet form I was told is gentler than the iv type I had previously, they are right but it's still knocking me around rather.

So tired, nausea etc but my hair is still on my head so I guess I can't complain.

But anyone else prescribed it don't expect it to be as gentle as they suggest, it's still pretty difficult to live with.

I'm off to oncologist tomorrow to talk about how it's all going, scan and chat type thingy.

I'm not sure way I'm feeling I can go alone and I don't want to take grace with me feeling like this so one of my neighbours has offered to have her while my husband takes me to the hospital. He's not happy his boss made a remark about him going part time, he's only had two days as holiday off and two hours tomorrow hardly a persistent offender

Anyway here's hoping scan shows all is working well and they say I am so well I can stop the chemo back in the real world I've another 10 weeks of it I know.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 10:17 AM

Re: Chemo

Good luck Julie! I hope all goes well x
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 10:27 AM

My very best wishes to you. I was supposed to undergo 30 weekly sessions of IV chemo last summer, but had to call a halt to it after eleven weeks. During that time I had two admissions of eight days due to kidney damage caused by the chemo. Since then I have had no treatment, nor follow-up, except three monthly by the stoma nurse.

I know what you are going through, my skin and hair still are not back to normal. Keep fighting..
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 10:34 AM

Sending hugs and best wishes to you Julie x
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 10:36 AM

Thanks yes when I had iv last time I spent more time in hospital than out, at least this time I'm at home. So I can't complain really.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 10:38 AM

Good luck Julie , I will be thinking of you every step of the way.
It's hard having to cope with some medication isn't it.
We often take our health for granted until some nasty thing comes out of the blue and slaps us in the face don't we.
It does put the rest of life in perspective and concentrates the mind on the important things....

Do you use any mediation or breathing techniques , they can help to calm things down and focus your mind away from the treatment
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 10:39 AM

Sending positive vibes for You Julie,x

Lovely to see You posting again Chris but so sorry to hear Your cancer has returned.x..sending hugs To You both ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 10:51 AM

Hats off to you Julie, i dont know how you manage to cope with each day. Best wishes to you and your family.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

27-07-2017, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good luck Julie , I will be thinking of you every step of the way.
It's hard having to cope with some medication isn't it.
We often take our health for granted until some nasty thing comes out of the blue and slaps us in the face don't we.
It does put the rest of life in perspective and concentrates the mind on the important things....

Do you use any mediation or breathing techniques , they can help to calm things down and focus your mind away from the treatment
I have started doing a meditation course Meg, they run it at the hospital for patients undergoing long term treatments. I'm finding that quite useful. I also pop along to the Quaker meeting house for silence, that's amazingly good no matter how bad I feel.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 01:49 PM

Hi Julie,
Sending best wishes to you and hope the scan goes well.

My brother started his radiotherapy a week ago. He has 9 weeks of it, Monday to Friday, but excluding bank holidays. As it is for his prostate cancer he has to have an enema as soon as he gets to the hospital (he and my SiL have the transport pick up), drink plenty of water, then when ready under the machine for 7 minutes. Then they can go home. He has to repeat the performance daily. Said he gets up at 5.

Weekends is chasing after themselves, doing shopping, house work etc. And seeing her two daughters and the GC.

And he still has the hormone implant.

Me and my sisters know what it's like to have that horrible disease in the family.

I really wish you well. Xx.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top