Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 08:18 AM

Re: Chemo

Just popped in before I head off, had a laugh I'm trying out chicken fillet bra fillers, I used to use one and that was fine but two is a bit different you don't have the support of the other boob. Anyway went to the loo bent over and out popped a fillet out to top of my dress, chihuahua Betty looked startled but couldn't resist so off she ran fillet in her mouth tripping over it as the ran. One of the funniest things I think I've seen in a while. think I'll leave them out for now might be safer can you imagine it happening in public
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Just popped in before I head off, had a laugh I'm trying out chicken fillet bra fillers, I used to use one and that was fine but two is a bit different you don't have the support of the other boob. Anyway went to the loo bent over and out popped a fillet out to top of my dress, chihuahua Betty looked startled but couldn't resist so off she ran fillet in her mouth tripping over it as the ran. One of the funniest things I think I've seen in a while. think I'll leave them out for now might be safer can you imagine it happening in public
Oh Julie! You do make me laugh! Listen, you never answered my question of about a week ago, elsewhere! I asked how the infection was, and had it cleared up ok? Hope so. Good luck today. X
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 08:27 AM

Sorry I missed it, I'm on new antibiotics nothing has touched it yet. It doesn't look as bad as it did so they aren't too worried but nurse at the GP surgery wants me to show the oncologist today as she says it is a hospital bug and he should be aware of it.
Irene
Stafford, England
Irene is female  Irene has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 08:34 AM

All the best for today Julie.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 08:41 AM

Hi

Julie , I really feel for you.

Cancer is a nightmare, something totally alien to me.

I honestly do not know if I could cope with it.

I have used up most of my nine lives, been clinically dead on occasions but survived.

Just down to a refusal to give up, a zest for life .

Cancer is completely different to me.

You are totally reliant upon others.

I have absolutely no fear of a lunatic with a machete, down they go.

A cretin with a knife, hand over your money, will find themselves in hospital.

Cancer is something completely different.

I have the highest for you, and others who cope with it.

You are much stronger than I am in your quiet resolve and determination, much braver people than I am.

I have a very simple philosophy of life.

If you can see it, you can hit it , if you can hit it, you can kill it.

I cannot do that with Cancer.

You and others can cope with it.

I hold you in the highest regard.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 08:43 AM

Crossing My fingers for You today Julie..You're a marvel ((((((((hugs))))))))) x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Crossing My fingers for You today Julie..You're a marvel ((((((((hugs))))))))) x

Same here, Julie.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

28-07-2017, 01:00 PM

Not such a marvel I burst into embarrassing tears, I'm not a crier so I'm not sure why I chose sitting in front of a busy oncologist to break the habit.

Well tumour on my lung is shrinking, he wants me to finish chemo and go straight onto radiation, that I'm not looking forward to, that's what caused the tears. I remember the burns from last time.

Oh well it has tone done, I've got to get through it for grace.

We have last meeting about adoption in September so I'm hoping I feel better by then. Can't let her down when she needs us most.

Stopped for lunch on the way back both ordered and sat just looking at each other and not eating. Got the doggy bags out of the car and brought it all home so Elsie and betty had a nice pasta bake and Nathan has two slices of cheese cake he's devouring at the moment. How that young man packs so much in but doesn't put on a pound I don't know. Really sickening it is, we didn't eat it but I'm betting just seeing it and carrying it home has added a pound or two to our waist bands !
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 01:01 PM

Julie, I know from my own experience that your positive attitude will get you through this.
Some people get through Chemo with only a few problems, but that is down to the individual and also how strong the Chemo is.
I felt like I was going to die after my 2nd session and refused further treatment after the 3rd..... we discovered later that the Tumour had already been killed, so maybe the standard Chemo dose was too much for me.
If you feel really ill make sure you let them know and they do something about it!

Good luck!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

28-07-2017, 01:08 PM

We did have a good talk about it twink, his opinion was I'm trying to do too much hence I'm so tired, I've got to pace myself and take it easier he's banned me from house work for two weeks to see if that helps. Now how can I leave it all to the others ? My husband works long hours and nates doing shifts oh well it'll have to be dirty, Steven took my hetty away and shut her in the shed ! Hetty is my Hoover in case anyone wondered.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top