Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 11:09 AM

USA Trade Deal

I see that Brussels are saying that if we agree an interim trade deal with the EU, they then have the power to scupper any deal we agree with the USA.

One more reason to walk away now.

In the DE it said yesterday that we have virtually agreed to pay £50 Billion to the EU. The Fench has said not enough and demand the full amount previously quoted.

Yet another reason to walk away, which together with their insistance on the ECJ, means these reasons are mounting up quickly.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 11:38 AM

Re: USA Trade Deal

Hi

If you read the Express you need to understand that much of what they say is absolute rubbish and totally biased.

The report is completely different to the headline.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 12:58 PM

Stop reading crap papers!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->
I see that Brussels are saying that if we agree an interim trade deal with the EU, they then have the power to scupper any deal we agree with the USA.

One more reason to walk away now.
I agree completely, and have said so many times.
I'd much prefer a trade deal with the US than with the EU. The latter have shown themselves to be completely anti-British, whereas the former have been our friends for a long time.

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->
In the DE it said yesterday that we have virtually agreed to pay £50 Billion to the EU. The Fench has said not enough and demand the full amount previously quoted.

Yet another reason to walk away, which together with their insistance on the ECJ, means these reasons are mounting up quickly.
Why should we pay £50 billion?
Predictable, of course, that the perfidious Frogs should demand even more. They hate us more than any other EU country, or so it seems.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Stop reading crap papers!
Perhaps we should all read the Grauniad and watch the BBC. Both completely unbiased sources of news, of course!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree completely, and have said so many times.
I'd much prefer a trade deal with the US than with the EU. The latter have shown themselves to be completely anti-British, whereas the former have been our friends for a long time.

Why should we pay £50 billion?
Predictable, of course, that the perfidious Frogs should demand even more. They hate us more than any other EU country, or so it seems.
Hi

The USA trade deal involves things that are as bad as, if not worse , than the EU.

The ECJ is replaced by an Arbitration Panel made up of Big Business which is something I do not want.

Others may disagree and be happy, I am not, but that is a personal thing.

Why should we pay £5) Billion?

Nobody knows what the final figure will be.

It is my view that we pay what our Governments, passed and present, have signed up for.

If agreement cannot be reached, it goes to one of the two International Courts which resolve disputes between Countries, it does not go to the ECJ.

The EU are making some unreasonable demands, particularly in relation to Child Benefits. even demanding payment abroad for children not yet born.

We should just say no and I would stop existing payments, we are only 1 of four in the EU who make such payments.

The EU are also demanding control over the future of the Northern Ireland Border.

Once again, no, it is naff all to do with the EU.

It is a matter solely for the UK and Ireland to resolve.

Just my personal views.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-07-2017, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
The EU are making some unreasonable demands, particularly in relation to Child Benefits. even demanding payment abroad for children not yet born.

We should just say no and I would stop existing payments, we are only 1 of four in the EU who make such payments.

The EU are also demanding control over the future of the Northern Ireland Border.

Once again, no, it is naff all to do with the EU.

It is a matter solely for the UK and Ireland to resolve.

Just my personal views.
With these, I agree.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-07-2017, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
If agreement cannot be reached, it goes to one of the two International Courts which resolve disputes between Countries, it does not go to the ECJ.
It seems that we are completely beholden to someone or other.

Weren't we once an independent country?

Perhaps those days have gone, never to return.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

27-07-2017, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It seems that we are completely beholden to someone or other.

Weren't we once an independent country?

Perhaps those days have gone, never to return.
Hi

Even before the EU we were subject to International Courts for Trade and financial disagreements.

That is how the World works, it is how the WTO works.

The alternative is anarchy.

If you want total control, then you accept that we neither trade nor borrow money.

No International Arbitration, no WTO.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-07-2017, 02:50 PM

Just as a matter of interest, was Nazi Germany subject to international courts?

How about the EU?

Give it time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top