Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 10:54 AM

Re: Titanic

The saddest bit is at the very end when the reporters are all in tears having heard the story.

I think Celine Dion has a technically perfect voice, like Barbara Streisand.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I was surprised how good the film was but "A Night to Remember" with Kenneth Moore will always be the definitive Titanic movie for me.

And me. Told things how they actually were and not propping up some ridiculous romance back-story. The only thing worth watching in the Winslet/DiCaprio version was the final hour or so when the ship went belly up.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The saddest bit is at the very end when the reporters are all in tears having heard the story.

I think Celine Dion has a technically perfect voice, like Barbara Streisand.
I thought the saddest bit was how long Leonardo took to die!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
I thought the saddest bit was how long Leonardo took to die!
I'm not sure which way to take that.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 10:44 AM

I watched A Night to Remember for the first time yesterday after seeing it on this thread.

I don't know if anyone else feels this but whenever I see film of sunken ships I always feel extremely uncomfortable and very sad seeing the wreck lying on the sea floor, to the point where I start to shiver.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm not sure which way to take that.
Yes you are ...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-07-2017, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
Yes you are ...
In that case, I agree with you.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 07:12 PM

Channel 5 @ 8.00 next Friday. Titanic: Draining The Wreck

Using comprehensive mapping data, this programme provides up to date look at what remains of the wreck, creation of 3D map of the ship and the sea floor, and CGI to take away the water and reveal the clearest view of this most famous shipwreck.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2017, 10:28 PM

THE Titanic was NOT sunk after striking an Iceberg, it has sensationally been claimed more than a century since the ship disaster.

Missed this, intriguing.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/scienc...ic-documentary
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

22-03-2020, 12:08 AM

Yesterday channel just watched Titanic: Stories from the deep.

The mysterious story of Howard Irwin, whose suitcase was
aboard the Titanic, despite the fact that he wasn't, and the story behind the schoolbooks of Edgar Samuel Andrew.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top