Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 10:32 PM

Diesel Car Ban.

I live in Germany and have been following this with some interest.http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/28/reute...stuttgart.html It seems that certain diesel cars will be banned from driving in the city of Stuttgart. There was a lot of speculation that the all powerfull auto lobby in Germany would stop it but it seems they failed. The Green Party hold power in Baden Württemberg and their minister Winfried Kretschmann is very popular. Now Munich is talking about following suit.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 10:35 PM

Re: Diesel Car Ban.

I am not planning to go to Germany -but pain - I drive a diesel car.
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 10:37 PM

We were planning on buying a diesel but put it on hold after talking to our mechanic. I'm glad we listened to his advice.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 07:34 AM

My Isuzu has a 3litre turbo diesel motor but diesel cars have never been popular here except in 4by4s and dual cab utes (like mine), people found them too sluggish and preferred V6 or 4 cylinder petrol engines I think. There are a few obviously but they are not common in general motoring.

However I can't see them being banned any time soon.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 09:14 AM

The trouble I see ahead is there are supposed to be 40,000 premature deaths here in the uk do to pollutants linked to diesel cars,once banned and deaths are still premature what next to blame.How is it determined that these deaths are premature where is written down, your time to shuffle off this mortal coil.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Kev60 ->
I live in Germany and have been following this with some interest.http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/28/reute...stuttgart.html It seems that certain diesel cars will be banned from driving in the city of Stuttgart. There was a lot of speculation that the all powerfull auto lobby in Germany would stop it but it seems they failed. The Green Party hold power in Baden Württemberg and their minister Winfried Kretschmann is very popular. Now Munich is talking about following suit.
I wonder which logistics company will deliver all their goods!

"We'll leave them at the edge of your city limits for you to come and collect!"
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I wonder which logistics company will deliver all their goods!

"We'll leave them at the edge of your city limits for you to come and collect!"
No doubt they will just charge delivery companies for the privilege of 'killing ' people. It's ok if they pay for it.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 03:10 PM

Well its been in the news here, the govt are going to ban the sale of diesel and petrol, from 2040 and encourage electric only, although hybrids won't be banned as yet, it will need billions of investment though, as we won't have enough power stations to cope with demand, nor charging points for that matter, how will the govt recoup the billions lost in fuel duty?, charge by the mile I expect..
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Well its been in the news here, the govt are going to ban the sale of diesel and petrol, from 2040 and encourage electric only, although hybrids won't be banned as yet, it will need billions of investment though, as we won't have enough power stations to cope with demand, nor charging points for that matter, how will the govt recoup the billions lost in fuel duty?, charge by the mile I expect..
If I'm still around when the time comes, I'm getting a horse and cart.

I'm not sure how the government will charge me for it: horse-feed tax, horse-muck penalties*, who knows?

(*Actually, I'll attach a horse-muck catcher underneath and sell the stuff.)
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 04:25 PM

Just out of interest, as I recently saw an electric car whilst out in my diesel, I checked to see how many charging points there are in my town. We have a population of 100,000, and just ONE electric charging point, which is at the out of town shopping complex.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top