Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 10:52 PM

Shout it out: Brexit is good for us!

Having made myself feel quite ill reading all about the Rochdale fiasco imagine my glee reading this glorious article in today's i...

Shout it out: Brexit is good for us
The relentlessly negative news machine has got it all wrong

It's the most positive piece of writing about our leaving the EU I've read so far... here's something to be going on with while you make a cuppa and settle down to read it

BMW picked Oxford over Germany to build its new electric Mini

This week UK manufacturing output is at its highest since January 1999, total order books have hit their best level since October 1988.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/i-new...81492161388953
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 11:24 PM

Re: Shout it out: Brexit is good for us!

Rubbish.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 11:24 PM

Thank you for posting this thread ruthio.
All good reading and yes let's shout it out:

BREXIT IS GOOD FOR US!

All we need now are the right politicians see it through.

Phillip Hammond
*iss off.

Nigel Farage.
Please come back!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 11:41 PM

This makes me think of the soviet press machine during Stalin's day.

True about the mini but it's temporary. They haven't ruled out moving from Britain in future. The rest of the article is a load of rubbish. You can believe it if you want, but fact is that every public service in the country is being run down because the government is desperately trying to make cuts. They are panicking because they don't think they will have any money in the future. The prisoners being incorrectly freed is just one symptom. We had three fatal terror attacks this year (after a decade) because they don't have enough security staff to monitor every suspect. All the prices are going up in supermarkets and nobody in the government agrees on what to do next. How is that good news?!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by InfamyInfamy ->
Thank you for posting this thread ruthio.
All good reading and yes let's shout it out:

BREXIT IS GOOD FOR US!

All we need now are the right politicians see it through.

Phillip Hammond
*iss off.

Nigel Farage.
Please come back!
Hi

Farage will not be coming back, what would he come back as?

UKIP is finished as a political force at the present time.

Who are the right politicians to it through?

It is most certainly not the present Brexit Bunch, Boris, Fox and Davies.

A year after the Referendum and they are still arguing amongst themselves

Theresa May triggered the two years in March this year.

Huge Headlines, No Deal is better than a Bad Deal.

A bluff, which has now been called by the EU.

We are not in any position to walk away and are now in a much weakened negotiating position.

We are having to ask the EU, very nicely, if they could possibly be good enough to give us a transition period.

Why is this?

There is a very simple reason for it, we have not got our act in order.

We have no systems in place at all, either to collect tariffs our control our Borders.

"On whether EU citizens would continue to be free to enter the UK, he said it would be "some time before we are able to introduce full migration controls between the UK and the European Union".
"That's not a matter of political choice, it's a matter of fact. We have to put in place quite a lot of new infrastructure, we will need a lot of new people, we will need new IT systems... This is going to take a while to deliver."

That is the reality of the situation.

I have been banging on about this since the Referendum, I am a technocrat, a boring geek, but I do know what has to be done, particularly on the Immigration side of things.

I am a member of another Forum, and contrary to popular belief, Public Servants, neither currently employed or retired and not a bunch of Remainders trying to mess up Brexit.

I voted to leave, so did many of my Ex Colleagues.

I am still of the opinion that it was the correct decision.

What I did not vote for is the utter stupidity of the present Government in messing the entire thing up.

I have a deep loathing of Juncker and Co.

I do not wish to give them a penny more than we have to.

We now have Brexit in 20 Months, with no way of controlling our Borders, no way of collecting tariffs and with a transitional deal, no way of signing any new Trade Agreements.

I feel a tremendous sadness at such a screw up.

I also cannot understand the anger against Phillip Hammond, it is not his fault, he is quite competent, it was simply his job to be fall guy in this instance by delivering the bad news.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 08:16 AM

I love the way some claim to have knowledge of how negotiations are proceeding, are they sitting at the table then. ?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
BMW picked Oxford over Germany to build its new electric Mini

This week UK manufacturing output is at its highest since January 1999, total order books have hit their best level since October 1988.[/B]

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/i-new...81492161388953
I suspect the pound sterling being at such a low level compared to other major currencies has a lot to do with that. Presumably the plan is to become a low wage, low cost exporter of goods on Europe's doorstep. It is certainly politically very brave, the danger is that internally Britain stagnates and becomes like Japan which has still not recovered from the Asian crisis of 20 years ago never mind the GFC.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I love the way some claim to have knowledge of how negotiations are proceeding, are they sitting at the table then. ?
Hi

Nope, however the Government have publicly stated that we are not in a position to leave completely in March 2019.

They have also publicly stated that they are now seeking a transitional deal which will last for years.

They have also publicly stated that they are hoping that it will not continue beyond 2022, when the next Election is due.

The EU have also publicly stated that any stated that any transition deal will involve the continued payments to the EU and the continued control of the ECJ.

It is not a matter of claiming any inside knowledge at all, it is simply a matter of reading what is in the public domain.

Statements made publicly by Cabinet Members and by the EU Negotiators.

The reality of the situation obviously evades some.

We,as in our Government, have messed up big time.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I don't care how negotiations go. I care about what's happening to our country now and the tangled rat's nest that's being created by this situation.

Historically we have never been good at negotiating wisely. Otherwise we would have been the ones running the show at the EU because we had equal clout with the strongest nations. But if you look at other important negotiations in history we don't have a habit of fighting our own corner and we never recognise and use our power to make it happen. Look at WWII - Stalin was allowed to take half of Europe during Yalta.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2017, 08:51 AM

But is everything in the Public Domain then ? .i doubt that. Much will go on out of sight and mind both at home and in Europe.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top