Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 06:14 AM

Re: Feeling low

Sending hugs Deylon..

Think about writing a list of the things you want to know so that your doctor gives you the informantion you want.

Plus without wanting to interfere are you sure you are getting all the help you are entitled to?
Maybe a check at the CAB or local social services would help.. I know my mum had no idea about her entitlements.
These included a taxi bus so that she didnt have to struggle on and off buses and a blue badge so that when my sil takes her out they can use the disabled bays. Little things but it makes daily living less of a mountain.

Good Luck...xxx
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 07:37 AM

I hope you are feeling a bit better today Deylon. There's nothing wrong with having a cry now and then. Sending some hugs of my own.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 08:28 AM

Agree with all the posts here. Sending hugs too. xx
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 09:36 AM

Oh deylon I am feeling so sorry you get that news but as others have said it may not be all bad. I know when my nan got that news and was even told she had 6 months to live she just refused to give up and it was 15 years later, her oncologist died a year before that she finally died but she didn't even die of the cancer it was a massive stroke !

So please don't give up.

The treatments I'm finding make me very down too tired, low unhappy. But I know once it's over I'll be ok it's a chemical depression not my actual mood.

You've had a bad time it will get better I can promise and they don't always get it right you may get better you just don't know at the moment.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 11:45 AM

Hang on in there Deylon, tomorrow could be different again, our bodies are a wonderful thing and will always surprise us with their resilience.....So here's a hug to help you until times get better.....

Foxy.....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 02:09 PM

That's very true our bodies really are amazing.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 09:15 PM

You lovely people,THANKYOU for all your good wishes,I am still not feeling too well but Im taking on board all your suggestions and will write down /ask what I need to know,Im not going to give in Last week I had someone from Care in the Community visit me to see how I was coping,she was nice, but she asked what Id want to do if I cant look after myself,stay at home or go to hospital [ Home of course] , also do I want to be ressucitated if need be I know these things have to be decided but NOT the type of questions to cheer oe up,she rang again today to say she is sending me a from to sign and keep stating my wishes.
I have so many different appointments looming up for various health problems but have managed to arrange transport for two different appointments this week, so that is good,Ive found that community transport will take you to Clinics and my GP surgery transport for Hospitals ,
So far So Good
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 05:08 AM

Hello, Deylon! You seem like a very strong and resilient person, and you have my respect for soldiering on - even when it came to navigating those busses. Perseverance is a quality for which I have tremendous respect, and you seem to have it in spades. Feeling a bit low from time-to-time is understandable, and I am sure it will pass. It is brilliant on your part to consider the community transportation and I hope that goes well for you. I have known several people who have bounced back from the challenges of initial cancer treatment to have their cancer managed for years. My next door neighbor was diagnosed with kidney cancer twelve years ago, and while she is still "putting out fires" as she puts it, she is living a full, happy, and busy life. I hold the same hope for you!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
You lovely people,THANKYOU for all your good wishes,I am still not feeling too well but Im taking on board all your suggestions and will write down /ask what I need to know,Im not going to give in Last week I had someone from Care in the Community visit me to see how I was coping,she was nice, but she asked what Id want to do if I cant look after myself,stay at home or go to hospital [ Home of course] , also do I want to be ressucitated if need be I know these things have to be decided but NOT the type of questions to cheer oe up,she rang again today to say she is sending me a from to sign and keep stating my wishes.
I have so many different appointments looming up for various health problems but have managed to arrange transport for two different appointments this week, so that is good,Ive found that community transport will take you to Clinics and my GP surgery transport for Hospitals ,
So far So Good

Excellent deylon. I thought there must be something in your area so I am really glad you have found it now.
That will be a big help to you. Well done.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top