Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 11:00 PM

Re: Cancer & The Gerson Therapy

Realist is the Messiah...................if only we could listen to him we would all be saved........in every way.

I have survived (so far) bowel cancer.
They chopped it out very very soon after discovering it, thankfully.

I was then on wait and watch for Non Hodgkins Mantle cell Lymphoma.
Eventually the fools dosed me with chemo drugs.
I cut off my shoulder length hair and moustache in preparation.

A while after finishing my chemo, during one of my periodic checkups, my consultant found my lymph nodes had enlarged again, and immediately prescribed an extremely expensive drug.

The list of side effects was frightening, mouth ulcers, nose bleeds, thinning of finger nails, coughs, diarrhea, constipation, tiredness, nausea, lower immunity...........and I have had quite a few of them.

Last consultant appointment, I told him I had some concerns..................he told me to see my GP, because...........after looking at my latest MRI scan he told me the tablets were working.......................and the cheeky bugger said........"If you were not on the tablets you would be dead"

Which I was very happy to hear........obviously.

If only he had known about the apricot kernels could have saved the surgeon from buggering about with my bowel, and all those nurses from finding veins to take blood samples and all those pints of that chemo shite it took half a day to administer........could have kept me bleeding hair as well.

Send us some of those kernels and I shall stop taking these tablets.

What form of the many cancers did your treatment cure in your good self Mr Realist if you don't mind me asking ?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 11:46 PM

From Livestrong.com (a popular website for Cancer sufferers):

Even though apricot kernels are potentially toxic, poisoning due to amygdalin is relatively rare. A study in the "Annals of Emergency Medicine" published the effects of poisoning and described them as similar to cyanide toxicity. However, the amount of apricot kernels that would need to be consumed to result in these symptoms is very high. Eating a single serving of apricot kernels from a reputable source no more than once a day is extremely safe in healthy adults, and the health benefits outweigh the potential risks.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/48...ricot-kernels/

I hadn't actually heard of people eating apricot kernels before - but I want to try them now cos I'm curious like that
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 11:57 PM

Every time I try things like that it makes me sick. When I do nothing I'm fine. My philosophy is therefore if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 12:13 AM

I'm very sensitive to foods so I like trying stuff like this just to see if I feel any different.

When I was eating silly things like chocolate - I was getting nightmares EVERY night. I cut out Nutella (which I was addicted to at the time) and the nightmares went away.

This stuff fascinates me
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 12:36 AM

Honestly Azz I've wasted so much money on natural remedies where I've only taken two tablets and felt sick as a dog. I'm really sensitive to medication and a number of natural supplements. The meds and vits I don't react to really help me. The others I see as a warning that they are bad for everyone as I think my body is like a barometer.

IMO a lot of the food we eat makes us slowly sick. When I went to Perugia last year we stayed in this really remote area where everything was home grown and organic and wow did it make a difference! Unfortunately even the organic stuff here is nothing like that. Plus it costs ten times as much. We can't all live in perugia (and most people are deserting it after the quakes). Our whole society is full of contaminants and it just makes everyone stressed. I'm not sure that causes cancer. But I think it may well cause genetic defects and changes to our DNA. Which could in turn lead to a higher predisposition to cancer....

NB real chocolate in small doses is good stuff
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 06:06 AM

Hi

Whether you believe in a conspiracy theory or not, Gerson and Apricot Kernels do not work.

We could go into a long battle now about the ins and outs, but what it boils down to is this.

The basic chemistry is wrong, so these treatments will not work.

Apricot kernels can be very dangerous, especially if you have little ones around.

As for why don't they ban apples, almonds , plums etc, it is very easy, the concentrations of the chemical in them are much lower.

Almonds, there are two varieties, sweet almonds, marzipan etc and bitter almonds.

Sweet almonds are fine, but bitter almonds are a very different thing,they contain 40 times as much cyanide as sweet almonds.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 08:09 AM

Remember Dr Issels in Germany ?

http://issels.com/history/
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
Apricot kernels will not cause stinging at my cancer site as I have no small or large bowel left anymore. As my kidneys are already damaged, I have no intention of compromising them further with unproven quack medicine or fad diets. I will eat a normal balanced diet and take my chance.
That's best idea and I hope you live a long healthy life doing so. It's worrying people with no medical training telling people how to treat cancer. Only on the Internet will we see quite such arrogance IMO
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I'm very sensitive to foods so I like trying stuff like this just to see if I feel any different.

When I was eating silly things like chocolate - I was getting nightmares EVERY night. I cut out Nutella (which I was addicted to at the time) and the nightmares went away.

This stuff fascinates me
That's fine for you and I note you make suggestions with no claims and don't try to scare people into giving the natural "remedies" more credence than the conventional methods which is safe and decent way to post about your beliefs. It's people like realist post like its a fact and we are all stupid not to be throwing away our chemo and eating what he says works that worry me.

Saying medicine is just big business is insulting to the many in that business who do care and are working long hours trying to help us. There may be money at the top but I doubt researchers and nurses and doctors are making that their priority.

I am not against trying some natural remedies, my chemo is making me have dreadful nightmares and stopping me sleeping, so I've put an aloe Vera plant, spider plant and jasmine near my bed to try to help with that. It seems to be helping I am sleeping better but the nightmares remain.

Its dangerous to mix too many ingested things with chemo, they warned me about several things when I started listen to the medical people they do know what they are giving you and what interacts. Unlike the natural remedy people who don't even ask what you are taking or if it may interact before recommending things.

I'd also say if it goes badly for us we have enough guilt about leaving others behind and not trying things that may have helped coming here shouldn't add to that, it's an escape for many.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You're better off eating a balanced diet supplemented with holistic therapies such as acupuncture, reiki, homeopathy . . .
I'm pretty staggered at that suggestion Annie. Not the balanced diet, that part is eminently sensible, coming as it does from Nature. But Reiki, Homeopathy? ?

Now you're into Woo Woo land. Homeopathy has long since been extensively tested and debunked as complete snake oil. I mean laboratory tests under very controlled conditions with full randomisation. It is complete bunkum.

If you don't agree there is literally, and I mean literally, $1 million sitting in a bank account waiting for your to claim if you can prove that Homeopathy has any credibility at all. The great James Randi Foundation set that up. Equally if you believe you can bend a spoon with the power of your mind alone, then again that $1 million is just waiting there to be claimed.

Reiki is another one. This is a pyramid scheme of payable services with each practitioner having to be "taught" by masters higher up the food chain. It is based on the concept of an invisible energies which the practitioner supposedly manipulates and channels. Energy is a dangerous thing, comes in many forms. I wouldn't want anyone manipulating energy in or around my body unless they could first explain exactly what type of energy it was, how it manifests itself and how the practitioner is able to harness and control it.
Unfortunately no Reiki practitioner out there is able to explain that. Go figure !

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
than overdosing on any natural supplement.
There's no suggestion whatsoever that anyone overdoses on anything. That's an odd statement to make really. The idea is that people eat sensible amounts of Nature's products which contain Amygdalin. A key guideline is that you never eat more seeds of a fruit or vegetable than you would eat of that actual fruit/vegetable itself.

i.e. If a peach contains 1 seed then you would not eat 20 seeds in one sitting because you would never sit and eat 20 peached in one sitting. It's pretty simple.

Note that ANY fruit or vegetable is poisonous and potentially lethal if you eat them in ridiculous quantities.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top