Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 01:33 AM

BT TV Nightmare

We have BT TV .
TV is no longer. a pleasure for me .
I understand nothing .
I don't understand how to record
Catch up will only ever catch up certain programs others ( the ones I'm interested in it won't )
I have loads of channels most of which I never watch .
I spend my time ringing up BT asking why something of other won't work .
How do I use catch up ?
How do I record ?
If I manage to record how do I retrieve it ?
Everyone seems to know how to do these things except us .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 09:00 AM

Re: BT TV Nightmare

Sorry to hear that muddy, we just have free sat that seems fairly simple we all manage to use it, but it's helpful having a nine year old child living with us she can work most things out with the instructions
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 09:30 AM

I was perfectly happy with free view but somehow BT persuaded me that I couldn't have it anymore ( and I have had nothing but trouble since )
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 10:49 AM

I can't understand that muddy ? Anyone that gets satellite tv can have freesat, anyone with an aerial can can have freeview.

We used our old sky box for a while then got a humax box that records etc. It was easy to set up and we've long ago paid for the box with savings on monthly fees to sky.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I was perfectly happy with free view but somehow BT persuaded me that I couldn't have it anymore ( and I have had nothing but trouble since )
Sorry to hear that Muddy, we just stick with Freeview and a separate recorder. Although we have a 'Smart TV' it isn't connected to the internet, so BT just provide me with broadband for my two computers and a land line for thirty quid a month. Simples.....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 11:17 AM

We have BT TV .
TV is no longer. a pleasure for me .
I understand nothing .
I don't understand how to record
Catch up will only ever catch up certain programs others ( the ones I'm interested in it won't )
I have loads of channels most of which I never watch .
I spend my time ringing up BT asking why something of other won't work .
How do I use catch up ?
How do I record ?
If I manage to record how do I retrieve it ?
Everyone seems to know how to do these things except us .
Have you got the latest BT TV user guide?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

01-08-2017, 01:58 PM

No where will I get that ?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 02:07 PM

No where will I get that ?
From the BT site .....

Click on this:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...0460/related/1

find the picture of your box (you may have to scroll down) then tell me which one is yours (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc)
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 02:36 PM

That sounds like a direct lie to me.

Did they explain why you couldn't have Freeview any more?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That sounds like a direct lie to me.

Did they explain why you couldn't have Freeview any more?
It sounds more like we only have half the story there. It would be such a blatant lie that BT would realistically never say it. It is more likely that her existing set up (TV and Box) were no longer capable of receiving either Freeview or Freesat.

A Julie highlights though, everyone can get either Freeview or Freesat, and in many cases both. It simply depends on what equipment you have and where you are in the country.

Possibly there are remote places in low valleys that can not get a Freeview signal and which equally can't get a line of sight to the Freesat satellite. Possibly, but I don't know of any.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top