Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 10:27 PM

Re: Will Someone Please Shut Him Up!!

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Fair enough. But can we please be like Canada, Australia or New Zealand, for example: in that we can have our own sovereignty?

That would be independent enough for me.
They kowtow to the same masters and have their own problems. We really were stronger in Europe. We should have been running the show though. Have you considered that we had it all and we let it go without even trying?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They kowtow to the same masters and have their own problems. We really were stronger in Europe. We should have been running the show though. Have you considered that we had it all and we let it go without even trying?
Well you know, you can always move to an EU country if you like it so much. But don't take too long, as once we have left they might not let you in.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 12:41 AM

[QUOTE=AnnieS;1204410]We didn't vote for the public to decide how the economy should be run. If that was the case then I say we should have zero tax for over 40s and a really decent pension for all with retirement at 55. I'd also like a four day week on the same pay. The young uns can work 24 hours a day to pay for the pension and reduced working hours for over forties. We have earned it!

But, unfortunately we can't afford lower taxes any more, how would we pay for the NHS and pensions?[/QUOTE]

We could make a start by trimming billions off the foreign aid budget, were far to much of it is wasted on despots and stupid worthless projects.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 12:42 AM

Jacob Rees-Mogg.
Hear Hear JBR.
Hear Hear!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

02-08-2017, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
What on earth is Phil Hammond up to? He has done nothing but talk this country down, especially since Theresa left for her three week holiday. How dare he say that no-one wants open-door Immigration from the EU to stop once we leave. Oh yes we bluddy well do!
This was one of the red lines that 17 million voted for.

He also told a French newspaper that once we leave we will not lower our taxes dramatically to the disadvantage of the EU as this would be unfair competition!
Has the man lost his marbles? This again was the reason 17 million voted to leave the Bloc, so we could decide exactly how to run our own economy and decide for ourselves whether our taxes should be higher or lower, WE DECIDE.

What we certainly do not need is a plank like Hammond who should be the second person after the Prime Minister, to be talking UP this country, but is instead, it seems, quite happy in giving the EU more and more ammunition against us whenever he opens his mouth regarding these negotiations. And this from our Chancellor of the Excheqeur!!

Notice how much the EU give any clues away to us in their plans during negotiations? Exactly, Zilch. The way it should be. But we, unfortunately, have a fox in the henhouse. A rabid Remainiac who is undermining our negotiating team's efforts to get a good result for this country.

I seriously think this disgraceful, untrustworthy plank should be removed forthwith before he causes further untold damage.

What say you?
I agree with every single word you say there shropshiregirl.
Every single word!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
What on earth is Phil Hammond up to? He has done nothing but talk this country down, especially since Theresa left for her three week holiday. How dare he say that no-one wants open-door Immigration from the EU to stop once we leave. Oh yes we bluddy well do!
This was one of the red lines that 17 million voted for.

He also told a French newspaper that once we leave we will not lower our taxes dramatically to the disadvantage of the EU as this would be unfair competition!
Has the man lost his marbles? This again was the reason 17 million voted to leave the Bloc, so we could decide exactly how to run our own economy and decide for ourselves whether our taxes should be higher or lower, WE DECIDE.
That is hardly talking Britain down. You just disagree with him, not the same thing at all.

Surely he has to be careful about immigration otherwise you could be flooded with poor ex pat UK citizens who, having sold their French or Spanish property in a buyers market will throw themselves on the taxpayer when they return. If you think immigration negotiations with the EU are going to be easy or that you are going to get the outcome you want then I fear you are going to be disappointed.

As for taxation? Which services would you be prepared to do without in order to lower taxes - lower pensions, lower welfare, higher registration fees, less police? Perhaps he was just expressing the reality of the situation you are in.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 08:57 AM

Hi

The Politicians running Brexit are all prominent members of the Leave Campaign, Boris, Fox and Davies.

The PM has just appointed Gove to the cabinet, another leader of the Leave Campaign.

It is hardly a matter of imbalance in the Cabinet.

We are losing £Billions in Tax as a result of leaving, far more than we paid in, Hammond's job is to minimise this loss during the transition period.

The depth of these Tax losses and the length of the transition period is down to the Brexiteers.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 09:13 AM

Well you know, you can always move to an EU country if you like it so much. But don't take too long, as once we have left they might not let you in.
You haven't answered my point.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

02-08-2017, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by InfamyInfamy ->
]

We could make a start by trimming billions off the foreign aid budget, were far to much of it is wasted on despots and stupid worthless projects.
What about HS2?

It's amazing that's it's taken such a situation for the public to realise how badly everything has been run. Brexit itself is another poor move and will cost the country billions if not trillions in the long run. It's a very expensive way of taking the government to task.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 09:58 AM

I think many of us knew, I've been fobbed off many times by my MP telling me it's the eu not the governments fault for various things. This IMO is needed so I can at last say to him do your flaming job mate stop fobbing me off.

Many many of us have the same problems it's always the Eu at fault, so time to find out once and for all.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top