Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 10:42 AM

Re: Will Someone Please Shut Him Up!!

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
So much wrong with Britain we funded Germany rebuilding I believe, France was dreadful to us after we basically saved them ! I remember my grandad shaking his head when we begged to belong saying why did he lose family members in two world wars to beg to belong to this group ? I never had an answer that made any sense.
Your granddad was perfectly right.

I would never trust the Frogs. Neither would I ever help them.

Not only don't they give you any thanks, they stab you in the back.

I suspect that the Frogs don't have any real friends in the rest of the world, which is not at all surprising.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Your granddad was perfectly right.

I would never trust the Frogs. Neither would I ever help them.

Not only don't they give you any thanks, they stab you in the back.

I suspect that the Frogs don't have any real friends in the rest of the world, which is not at all surprising.
Hi

When dealing with the French you can guarantee that they put France first, second and third.

I cannot blame them for that.

It is a shame our Politicians are not the same.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 12:27 PM

Yes, the EU are fond of stating that it is because of they that wars have been prevented ever since. Absolute rubbish, it is NATO that has prevented more wars than there would have been.

Perhaps if countries such as Germany and France paid their fair share of funds into NATO rather than leaving Britain, Poland and others to do so, yet still expecting protection if anything were to happen that they would need NATO's protection.

Typical of both countries! Take take take!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

When dealing with the French you can guarantee that they put France first, second and third.

I cannot blame them for that.

It is a shame our Politicians are not the same.
Maybe, but a bit of gratitude wouldn't go amiss.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-08-2017, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Yes, the EU are fond of stating that it is because of they that wars have been prevented ever since. Absolute rubbish, it is NATO that has prevented more wars than there would have been.

Perhaps if countries such as Germany and France paid their fair share of funds into NATO rather than leaving Britain, Poland and others to do so, yet still expecting protection if anything were to happen that they would need NATO's protection.

Typical of both countries! Take take take!
Any country that doesn't pay their fair share, and that includes both France and Germany, should be kicked out. They can rely on their 'EU Army' to protect themselves!
In fact, I think that within Europe only Poland and ourselves pay our due.

Incidentally, initially France did not join NATO. It decided to sit safely behind our forces and America's stationed in Germany to protect them. Typical of that nation.

Then there's their Foreign Legion: a force which relies, as the name suggests, on volunteers from other nations to do their fighting for them.

Enough said.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 01:45 PM

Hi

Those that pay are USA, UK, Greece, Estonia and Poland.

France does not pay it's share and is currently cutting it's Military Expenditure.

Germany is appalling, it pays far less than it should and it has a large Budget Surplus.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-08-2017, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Those that pay are USA, UK, Greece, Estonia and Poland.

France does not pay it's share and is currently cutting it's Military Expenditure.

Germany is appalling, it pays far less than it should and it has a large Budget Surplus.
That's why it is so well off. Well, one reason anyway.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 02:08 PM

Europe was constantly at war for centuries. We have had peace since ww2 because of this alliance created by the US.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 05:43 PM

Maybe its time we we flattened Dresden again that should concentrat their minds
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 07:22 PM

You see, leaving the Eu leads to talk of war... my point proven.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top