Join for free
HappiKat
New Member!
Norfolk UK
HappiKat is female 

02-08-2017, 06:40 PM

Printer gone on strike!

Good evening one and all, I'm new here and thought I would ask if anyone has any advice please for my Canon Pixma MP499 printer which seems to have gone into "I don't want to work mode"

it won't switch on, I've tried checking the lead, trying a new lead, checking the plug socket,, talking to it nicely but there is nothing. I've had had it a good 6 or 7 years I guess, maybe it has just given up. Any suggestions please? Thank you, HappiKat
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 06:56 PM

Re: Printer gone on strike!

No advice really, but it does seem to have given up the ghost, new printers are quite cheap, but the ink costs a bomb.

My ink supplier sent me this today.. [QUOTE]
Our clever robots think you might be running low | Stinkyink.com
Recycling | My Account | Stinkyink.com

Hello Xxxx

It's been a while since you ordered, is everything okay? If all's good, or you've ordered under a different email address, great! Though double check your ink levels just in case you're about to run out.

If we've not seen you due to a problem then please do let us know. We take great pride in our service and we'd hate to think something might be wrong.

Email our customer support team

give us a call on 01746 781020

Get Money Off Your Next Order

Even if you don't need any cartridges just yet, make the most of our referral scheme and you could save money when you do need it - earn enough and your order could be free!

Your customer account has a unique code -> 'SEPHONUA'. Any new friend using this gets 5% off their first order and earns you £2 off your next order! There's no limit to how much you can earn so spread the love [\QUOTE]

So if you want ink these are the people and they also help with printer problems
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by HappiKat ->
Good evening one and all, I'm new here and thought I would ask if anyone has any advice please for my Canon Pixma MP499 printer which seems to have gone into "I don't want to work mode"

it won't switch on, I've tried checking the lead, trying a new lead, checking the plug socket,, talking to it nicely but there is nothing. I've had had it a good 6 or 7 years I guess, maybe it has just given up. Any suggestions please? Thank you, HappiKat
I don't suppose you've checked the fuse?
HappiKat
New Member!
Norfolk UK
HappiKat is female 

02-08-2017, 09:43 PM

Hi JBR, thank you well I did think of that but I didn't have any replacement fuses, so I found an identical lead and tried that but to no avail. Think maybe it's time to buy a new printer. Thank you though!
HappiKat
New Member!
Norfolk UK
HappiKat is female 

02-08-2017, 09:46 PM

Thank you Rehab44, I think maybe it's time to buy a new one. Thank you for replying
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 09:55 PM

My HP one started showing error messages some months ago and I couldn't get it to work, so bought a new one. It was old!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by HappiKat ->
Thank you Rehab44, I think maybe it's time to buy a new one. Thank you for replying
Before you buy a new one, you might like to go to the following web page. (double click the link)

Some people have had very similar problems and managed to fix them.

You need to be able to use a screw driver!

https://www.techspot.com/community/t...ything.167464/

Note: Please make sure you have disconnected from any power before you start!!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top