Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 10:37 PM

Re: Brexit -no Better Off

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Do Brexit supporters really understand what they are giving upNo more cheap labouri.e ward cleaners domestic staff etc,if british workers agree to do it they will want higher pay,more expense for the NHS .No more cheap holidays abroad, travellers will once again have to have passports checked at border controls.pets will not have EU passports so may have to face quarantine even if they come form Europe.Ireland will be split 2 separate Countrieswithh a border control.Ex pats will have to come home.Whoever we trade with in future will want free movement for their citizens so immigration will not go down.
Not all bad came from Europe,they banned certain colouring in sweets/drinks,insisted on fire retardant furniture.So how are we going to be better ?
They are all in denial Deylon, until it happens and then they will say "well we knew it would be a bumpy ride" or they will blame the EU. Hopefully it won't come to the above as there will be a halfway house deal. Given the concerns of industry and now Ireland, I can't see it being any hard cheese breakfast. More like a soft-boiled brunch. Big waste of money is all I can see.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They are all in denial Deylon, until it happens and then they will say "well we knew it would be a bumpy ride" or they will blame the EU. Hopefully it won't come to the above as there will be a halfway house deal. Given the concerns of industry and now Ireland, I can't see it being any hard cheese breakfast. More like a soft-boiled brunch. Big waste of money is all I can see.
Oh get a grip for christ sake!
Just what is it with you lot? It's you remainers who are completely negative and willing to throw in the towel. Maybe try to have a bit of faith and actually support brexit, rather than being a negative doom monger may help?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 10:52 PM

scare mongering by those wanting to remain.plain and simple. We will be better off not being dictated to by foreigners . If we want bent bananas we will have bent bananas. If we want to trade with any country we will be free to do so. Ok no foreign labour force so more work for our own people.
Less hospital beds taken up by foreigners using our free national health service, housing problems lessens less traffic on our roads.Need i go on?
look at the positive side for a change
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Oh get a grip for christ sake!
Just what is it with you lot? It's you remainers who are completely negative and willing to throw in the towel. Maybe try to have a bit of faith and actually support brexit, rather than being a negative doom monger may help?
Faith? Should we be praying? Now there's an idea - church of Brexit! Next instalment, "flat earth is real"
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
scare mongering by those wanting to remain.plain and simple. We will be better off not being dictated to by foreigners . If we want bent bananas we will have bent bananas. If we want to trade with any country we will be free to do so. Ok no foreign labour force so more work for our own people.
Less hospital beds taken up by foreigners using our free national health service, housing problems lessens less traffic on our roads.Need i go on?
look at the positive side for a change
Totally agree buddy.
It's like trying to deal with a bunch of spoilt kids sometimes.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

04-08-2017, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Faith? Should we be praying? Now there's an idea - church of Brexit! Next instalment, "flat earth is real"
Like I said.........
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Whoever we trade with in future will want free movement for their citizens so immigration will not go down.
Where on earth did you dig that one up?

We have been trading with countries all over the world for centuries, and I'm not aware of any instances of our having to offer their citizens automatic immigration into this country.

Such free movement as is commonplace within the Schengen area is, I believe, a new concept invented by the EU. What is more, it has been proven to have been a rather stupid concept, bearing in mind the number of Merkel's recent 'guests' who are even now infesting the majority of the EU countries.

Every independent nation, as we too hope to become one day, should have the right to refuse admission to anyone who they feel would be detrimental in any way to their country and their people.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

04-08-2017, 10:56 PM

Repent ye sinners for the road to Brexit is salvation!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

04-08-2017, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by jbr ->
where on earth did you dig that one up?

We have been trading with countries all over the world for centuries, and i'm not aware of any instances of our having to offer their citizens automatic immigration into this country.

Such free movement as is commonplace within the schengen area is, i believe, a new concept invented by the eu. What is more, it has been proven to have been a rather stupid concept, bearing in mind the number of merkel's recent 'guests' who are even now infesting the majority of the eu countries.

Every independent nation, as we too hope to become one day, should have the right to refuse admission to anyone who they feel would be detrimental in any way to their country and their people.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
oh get a grip for christ sake!

I'm afraid that our fifth columnists have no intention of helping the country in any way; we must all be fully aware of that by now.

On the contrary, I get the impression that they feel if they can't have their own way they will do anything they can to the detriment of this country, probably out of spite.

If those people resent this country so much, why are they still living here?

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top