Join for free
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 10:59 PM

Re: Brexit -no Better Off

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Repent ye sinners for the road to Brexit is salvation!

.....Correct......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 11:10 PM

On the point of cheap labour no one should be working for less than nmw no one. So labour will be at that rate before and after brexit. Eu workers aren't only ones doing those jobs although you'd never know it from what some say.
Holidays travel oddly that all happened prior to EU and will likely carry on after.

What I do hope is the people who chose to return to home countries will make their own countries better places to live as it must be hard for some of them with so many country men and women gone from them. Think about them not the selfishness of expecting them to work for you cheap labour !
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
On the point of cheap labour no one should be working for less than nmw no one. So labour will be at that rate before and after brexit. Eu workers aren't only ones doing those jobs although you'd never know it from what some say.
Holidays travel oddly that all happened prior to EU and will likely carry on after.

What I do hope is the people who chose to return to home countries will make their own countries better places to live as it must be hard for some of them with so many country men and women gone from them. Think about them not the selfishness of expecting them to work for you cheap labour !
Agree with you on that Julie..
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 11:24 PM

Increased wages = increased prices, so the increase in wages is purely symbolic.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

04-08-2017, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Increased wages = increased prices, so the increase in wages is purely symbolic.
...Or, just simply reduced profit margins from greedy people?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Which is exactly the reason why so many big businessmen would like us to remain in the EU: cheaper workforce = bigger profits.

Is that how ALL of the remainiacs feel, or are some of them just naive?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 12:36 AM

People have to be able to live in their communities all EU has done here is push wages down and rents up so unless you can get social housing its impossible on nmw to afford a garage let alone a small flat ! I can only imagine remainers have decent housing or high wages and don't have to compete with young workers from EU.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 06:21 AM

Hi

I voted to leave, I am still of that opinion.

My concerns are about the technical side of things, how we make it work.

Leaving Euratom and the European Medicines Agency does not make sense at all, at least to me.

A few £Billion down the drain for no good reason.

Immigration I do know about, we have only just commissioned the survey into what we need to do, it does not report back for a year.

With the best will in the world we will not be ready for Brexit day on Immigration, even if we employ plonkers like G4S.

My Red Lines are very different from Theresa May's.

The Northern Ireland Border is for us to decide, the EU can swan off.

The EU can swan off as to what Benefits we pay EU residents here in the UK, etc etc.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Reducing profit= higher prices or many go out of business. Business is already struggling to maintain reasonable prices with the fall in sterling.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
People have to be able to live in their communities all EU has done here is push wages down and rents up so unless you can get social housing its impossible on nmw to afford a garage let alone a small flat ! I can only imagine remainers have decent housing or high wages and don't have to compete with young workers from EU.
Hi

That is not how the system works.

Higher wages mean higher inflation, wages are lagging behind inflation already, it will get worse.

We should not be competing on cheap labour, the way forward is to train our youngsters for the more skilled, higher paid jobs.

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top