Join for free
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 11:16 AM

Computer mouse for dmaged hands.

I am finding increasingly hard to use y computer mouse due to stiffing of my hands / joints, and loss of feeling in my fingers.

I have had a look at a few online like those for arthritis, seem to be using thumb trackball which should manage but ts my ability to click that is causing my problems.

I wonder if any members are using something that may be of use.?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 11:41 AM

Re: Computer mouse for dmaged hands.

Hi

Not a mouse Nom, but a trackpad built into a keyboard.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Computers...one/B00K2SY902
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 05:17 PM

Have you thought about voice control? A friend of ours had trouble using his hands and so bought 'Dragon Naturally Speaking' and got on OK with it. Quite expensive and I think it needs a fairly quiet environment to work so that it hears your voice accurately.

There used to be a 30 day free trial but it looks like it's just a 30 day money-back guarantee now. I don't know if there is any free software that does the same thing. Could be worth researching anyway.

Dragon Naturally Speaking
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 05:21 PM

Is this sort of thing any use Nom?

http://www.livingmadeeasy.org.uk/com...er-input-1188/

Failing that, if you had a laptop, you don't need a mouse at all, you just slide your hand over the pad.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 05:41 PM

Research a Wacom tablet.

Basically a tablet that plugs in, instead of your mouse.

There is a stylus that you run over the tablet that does the same job as the mouse. From circa £50.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 05:44 PM

Thinking about it, although a voice recognition program would good for many tasks, I'm not sure this would include photographic work.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2017, 05:54 PM

Thanks for the ideas everyone i will investigate and try and find somewhere i can get my hands on to try them out. hoping to find out about my outlook re this condition im trying to prepare for future deterioration, dont take many photos now as its getting hard to use my gear,.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top