Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2017, 02:23 PM

Re: Do You Trust Yourself?

Yum! thanks very much for that recipe Val. I will try it for Friday night dinner. I'm all for an easy life using my slow cooker. Will have to get some Rice Wine Vinegar as don't have any, the only vinegar I have in the cupboard is Sarsons Malt vinegar for our fortnightly take-away Fish and Chips!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2017, 02:26 PM

oops, Val, when you say Cornstarch, do you mean Cornflour?? I have Cornflour but not Cornstarch?
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2017, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
oops, Val, when you say Cornstarch, do you mean Cornflour?? I have Cornflour but not Cornstarch?
I think it must be an American site Shroppy, I used Cornflour to thicken.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2017, 10:15 PM

My version of Tandoori chicken.

Arm yourself with some thick Greek style yoghurt - the full fat variety, and a jar of Patak's Madras curry paste.

Using a ratio of three parts yoghurt to one part curry paste mixed together, make enough to cover some skinned chicken breasts which have been scored with a sharp knife and placed in a bowl. Stir the chicken in the marinade then cover the bowl and leave in the fridge for at least 12 hours stirring occasionally.

When ready to cook, place the chicken breasts on a wire rack over a baking sheet, spoon some of the marinade on top and place in an oven that has been pre-heated to 200deg C. Cook on high for around five minutes before turning the breasts over and adding more of the marinade. Cook for a further five minutes until brown `specks` appear on the marinade. Remove from oven and leaving on rack, and allow to stand before cutting the chicken into nice sized chunks.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2017, 06:28 AM

I like this thread
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2017, 07:00 AM

Hi

Easy way to cook chicken breasts.

Make some cuts in the breast, apply your marinade of choice, it can be anything you fancy, wrap tightly in cling film , stick it in the fridge for a couple of hours.

Bring a pan of water to the boil, turn down until simmering, pop in your chicken still in the cling film, simmer for 10 to 15 minutes depending on size, it needs to be cooked through.

It is moist and tender and no fat.

You can use any marinade you want, stir fry sauces are good, chinese five spice, curry pastes etc.

I use lavender from the garden, must be English lavender though, which is edible.

If you want something fancier, marinade with pesto, when cooked, take it out of the cling film, wrap in parma or serrano ham and quickly fry until the ham is crisp.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2017, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
My version of Tandoori chicken.

Arm yourself with some thick Greek style yoghurt - the full fat variety, and a jar of Patak's Madras curry paste.

Using a ratio of three parts yoghurt to one part curry paste mixed together, make enough to cover some skinned chicken breasts which have been scored with a sharp knife and placed in a bowl. Stir the chicken in the marinade then cover the bowl and leave in the fridge for at least 12 hours stirring occasionally.

When ready to cook, place the chicken breasts on a wire rack over a baking sheet, spoon some of the marinade on top and place in an oven that has been pre-heated to 200deg C. Cook on high for around five minutes before turning the breasts over and adding more of the marinade. Cook for a further five minutes until brown `specks` appear on the marinade. Remove from oven and leaving on rack, and allow to stand before cutting the chicken into nice sized chunks.
All these ideas sound yummy
I might try this one tomorrow !

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top