Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2017, 07:25 PM

Call Brexit Bluff - Tell EU They'll Get Nowt!

LOL, warming towards Rod Liddle in the Sun newspaper today.

So, should we pay the £36billion bill the European Union is trying to extort from us before we are allowed to start trade talks.

That’s the figure they have come up with. Not so long ago it was £88billion, Then it was £72billion, Then it miraculously dropped down to £54billion, and now - abracadabra - it’s £36billion.

Do you ever get the idea the devious and greedy EU monkeys are just making it all up as they go along?

“Jacques - How much do you think we can screw out of the Brits? What about 70-odd billion? We’ve been screwing them for years so they won’t mind”
."Might be a bit steep, Hansi, Halve it”. “Hmm, you sure? We need a large figure so that other countries are terrified of leaving our wonderful institution. Such as Italy, say?
“Stick to £36billion. That’s a big chunk of Italy’s GDP in any case. And let’s demand it now, while all the UK leaders are on holiday” That May woman is still walking up mountains somewhere”.

What a monumental con!. The truth is we owe no money whatsoever to this corrupt and autocratic bureaucracy. Not a single euro.
We have been net contributors year after year after year. To the tune of at least £200billion.
For decades we have subsidised the failing siesta states of southern Italy, Subsidised their tobacco farms, their infrastructure, schools and hospitals. That’s one of the reasons we voted to leave.

The EU negotiators say we have to pay a bill for incredibly exciting programmes they have planned over the next three years, Tough luck!. Change your plans. Because circumstances have changed and we’re out. If you can’t go ahead with the building of women’s drop-in centres in Bratislava and a goat rehabilitation clinic in Thessalonika, then, sadly, so be it. Cut your cloth, etc.
And don’t threaten us by saying you will not begin discussions about new trade agreements. That’s blackmail, clear and simple.

Have a word with the leading exporters in Germany, France, the Netherlands and so on, See if THEY want their markets in the UK closed off because of your vaulting greed and spite.
Hell, within a week of the Brexit vote German companies were demanding trade talks and insisting that trade with the UK must continue unhindered. They know the UK is a huge and invaluable market.

Some say we shouldn’t be churlish. Just pay up. That was the advice The Sun gave earlier this week. I understand that. Let’s just get on with it, give them what they want and get the hell out.
It’s how I feel when I’m trying to extricate myself from some deal with a charlatan online company which demands an exorbitant payment just to let me leave.

But nah. There is a principle at stake. We should not be bullied by these Luxembourgish pygmies. They know our government is tottering and that’s the reason they believe they can extort vast sums of money from us.

Call their bluff, David Davis. Tell them you’re getting nowt - and now let’s talk about trade deals, And if they play hardball, tell them to stuff it and withdraw.

No deal is better than a bad deal.

Unquote.

Couldn’t have put it better myself. What say you?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2017, 08:24 PM

Re: Call Brexit Bluff - Tell EU They'll Get Nowt!

Hi

I would say that the man is a complete idiot who has absolutely no understanding of International Law.

We pay what our lawyers say we have to pay, how much that is I have no idea, it depends what previous Governments have signed up for.

If the figure cannot be agreed, we go to International Court.

We need to borrow vast amounts every year, we are totally in the hands of the International Money Markets, if they decide we have defaulted, our borrowing costs go through the roof.

When we leave we also leave the 80 Trade deals we had as part of the EU.

We are intending to continue these deals through a technical process, which will be subject to agreement by all the other Countries involved.

The EU can object to each and every one if they so decide.

No deal means we still have access to the EU Market, but only in respect of Manufactured Goods, not Services, which are not covered b WTO Rules.

It also means that the EU still have access to the UK Market, but both sides will have to pay tariffs.

Those tariffs are set by the WTO, we cannot treat the EU any worse that we do others, nor they us.

We have simply wasted a year with infighting, rather than getting on with the job.

This intensely annoys me.

My personal view is that because of this, we are going to have them nicely for a transition period, for which they will sting us.

I hope that I am wrong in my assessment.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2017, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
LOL, warming towards Rod Liddle in the Sun newspaper today.

So, should we pay the £36billion bill the European Union is trying to extort from us before we are allowed to start trade talks.

That’s the figure they have come up with. Not so long ago it was £88billion, Then it was £72billion, Then it miraculously dropped down to £54billion, and now - abracadabra - it’s £36billion.

Do you ever get the idea the devious and greedy EU monkeys are just making it all up as they go along?

“Jacques - How much do you think we can screw out of the Brits? What about 70-odd billion? We’ve been screwing them for years so they won’t mind”
."Might be a bit steep, Hansi, Halve it”. “Hmm, you sure? We need a large figure so that other countries are terrified of leaving our wonderful institution. Such as Italy, say?
“Stick to £36billion. That’s a big chunk of Italy’s GDP in any case. And let’s demand it now, while all the UK leaders are on holiday” That May woman is still walking up mountains somewhere”.

What a monumental con!. The truth is we owe no money whatsoever to this corrupt and autocratic bureaucracy. Not a single euro.
We have been net contributors year after year after year. To the tune of at least £200billion.
For decades we have subsidised the failing siesta states of southern Italy, Subsidised their tobacco farms, their infrastructure, schools and hospitals. That’s one of the reasons we voted to leave.

The EU negotiators say we have to pay a bill for incredibly exciting programmes they have planned over the next three years, Tough luck!. Change your plans. Because circumstances have changed and we’re out. If you can’t go ahead with the building of women’s drop-in centres in Bratislava and a goat rehabilitation clinic in Thessalonika, then, sadly, so be it. Cut your cloth, etc.
And don’t threaten us by saying you will not begin discussions about new trade agreements. That’s blackmail, clear and simple.

Have a word with the leading exporters in Germany, France, the Netherlands and so on, See if THEY want their markets in the UK closed off because of your vaulting greed and spite.
Hell, within a week of the Brexit vote German companies were demanding trade talks and insisting that trade with the UK must continue unhindered. They know the UK is a huge and invaluable market.

Some say we shouldn’t be churlish. Just pay up. That was the advice The Sun gave earlier this week. I understand that. Let’s just get on with it, give them what they want and get the hell out.
It’s how I feel when I’m trying to extricate myself from some deal with a charlatan online company which demands an exorbitant payment just to let me leave.

But nah. There is a principle at stake. We should not be bullied by these Luxembourgish pygmies. They know our government is tottering and that’s the reason they believe they can extort vast sums of money from us.

Call their bluff, David Davis. Tell them you’re getting nowt - and now let’s talk about trade deals, And if they play hardball, tell them to stuff it and withdraw.

No deal is better than a bad deal.

Unquote.

Couldn’t have put it better myself. What say you?
That's what I say.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2017, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I would say that the man is a complete idiot who has absolutely no understanding of International Law.

We pay what our lawyers say we have to pay, how much that is I have no idea, it depends what previous Governments have signed up for.

If the figure cannot be agreed, we go to International Court.

We need to borrow vast amounts every year, we are totally in the hands of the International Money Markets, if they decide we have defaulted, our borrowing costs go through the roof.

When we leave we also leave the 80 Trade deals we had as part of the EU.

We are intending to continue these deals through a technical process, which will be subject to agreement by all the other Countries involved.

The EU can object to each and every one if they so decide.

No deal means we still have access to the EU Market, but only in respect of Manufactured Goods, not Services, which are not covered b WTO Rules.

It also means that the EU still have access to the UK Market, but both sides will have to pay tariffs.

Those tariffs are set by the WTO, we cannot treat the EU any worse that we do others, nor they us.

We have simply wasted a year with infighting, rather than getting on with the job.

This intensely annoys me.

My personal view is that because of this, we are going to have them nicely for a transition period, for which they will sting us.

I hope that I am wrong in my assessment.
With respect Swimmy, I hear this argument every day from one commentator or other, but correct me if I am wrong, but I am sure that I read somewher a little while back that our courts and lawyers who looked into the original outrageous amount that the EU dictated they wanted from us, and found that we do not need to pay them anything because we are leaving the EU, and there is nothing in the EU rules that say we have to.

We don't seem to have heard much of that argument since though.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2017, 08:51 PM

I agree with him which must be a first I can't think of another occasion I've agreed with the sun on.

I think if we do pay we will be seen as weak by many cultures. This worry about no one trusting us assumes they all agree we owe it and I'm not so sure that's correct.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2017, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
With respect Swimmy, I hear this argument every day from one commentator or other, but correct me if I am wrong, but I am sure that I read somewher a little while back that our courts and lawyers who looked into the original outrageous amount that the EU dictated they wanted from us, and found that we do not need to pay them anything because we are leaving the EU, and there is nothing in the EU rules that say we have to.

We don't seem to have heard much of that argument since though.
Hi

It matters nothing what you, I or anyone else thinks on this subject.

If agreement is not reached, it will go to International Court, which is binding on both sides.

The costs of our borrowing will depend on what deal, if any, we reach, and the views of the International Money Markets.

They are not known for being a very generous bunch of people, any excuse to make more money.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2017, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree with him which must be a first I can't think of another occasion I've agreed with the sun on.

I think if we do pay we will be seen as weak by many cultures. This worry about no one trusting us assumes they all agree we owe it and I'm not so sure that's correct.
We should walk away with no deal and tell the EU they ain't getting a penny.
They will soon be crawling to us and begging for forgiveness
I agree with Theresa May when she says:
'No deal is better than a bad deal'!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2017, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by infamyinfamy ->
we should walk away with no deal and tell the eu they ain't getting a penny.
i agree with theresa may when she says:
'no deal is better than a bad deal'!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2017, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by InfamyInfamy ->
I'd vote for that one.
Freespirit
Dorset, UK
Freespirit is female  Freespirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2017, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by InfamyInfamy ->
Likewise, I would vote for that one, they have had enough money from us to build their superstate. We need to look after this country.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top