Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2017, 02:47 PM

Re: Call Brexit Bluff - Tell EU They'll Get Nowt!

Originally Posted by InfamyInfamy ->
The only Tinpot Dictatorships are the EUseless EU unelected bureaucratic set ups that bleeds us dry with laws and diktats we have hardly any control over.
All this while charging us around 10 BILLION POUNDS a year for the privilege of being in the club.
Get real Annie.
LETS GET OUT.
NOW!
Hi

How are we going to get out if we are not ready?

We have 80 Trade Agreements with the rest of the World, which we are part of as members of the EU.

We have not even found all the Tariff Schedules on these yet, much less agreed new ones.

We should have started straight away, we didn't.

We do pay them £Billions, so we need to get out at minimum cost, not be stupid about it.

If we just leave, we lose £20 Billion in Tax, far more than we pay them.

I am a hard nosed Yorkshireman, with a deep loathing of Juncker.

Cutting off our nose to spite our face is just stupid.

We would have been quids in if May had been upfront and delayed Brexit by a year to allow us to get everything in place.

She didn't, so we are now in a mess.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2017, 04:35 PM

I thought we must be on top of it all when they took their usual serval weeks off !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2017, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I thought we must be on top of it all when they took their usual serval weeks off !
Hi

You are sadly mistaken, or perhaps I am?

I am not always right.

What I do know is this.

We are still cutting Immigration Officers.

One of my neighbours, who was a Contractor on the new Tariff System has lost his job, because the proposed new system, which was supposed to be going on Servers in Newcastle cannot handle the changes.

The EU is poaching our best, offering them a mint and guaranteed final salary, Index Linked Pensions.

I do know that the Bankers are offering a mint to the Experts to move to the EU to continue trading.

That means a great loss in taxation to the UK.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2017, 05:04 PM

We will survive!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2017, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
We will survive!
Of course we will JBR.
We were surviving very nicely before we stupidly went into the Common Market
(remember that little cozy club which was set up initially for free trade agreements?)
Now it's a Con Market!
And we will survive a lot better without it N' all!

_______

On March 25, 1957, representatives of six European nations signed two treaties in Rome. One created the European Atomic Energy Community (Euratom) for the common and peaceful development of Europe’s nuclear resources. The other created the EEC. In the Common Market, trade barriers between member nations were gradually eliminated, and common policies regarding transportation, agriculture, and economic relations with nonmember countries were implemented. Eventually, labor and capital were permitted to move freely within the boundaries of the community. The EEC, the ECSC, and Euratom were served by a single council of ministers, representative assembly, and court of justice. In 1967, the three organizations were fully merged as the European Community (EC).
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2017, 05:23 PM

Send a gunboat, blow these Johnny Foreigners to Kingdom come!
Freespirit
Dorset, UK
Freespirit is female  Freespirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Again, I wonder why one should assume that if we walked away without paying, we would be deemed "untrustworthy" and "weak". Why do some put this country down so quickly? Surely we could also be seen just as well as "standing up to extortion by a dictatorial club".

By refusing to progress to trade talks unless and until a vast amount is paid by this country, is akin to Blackmail, If it was found that in reality we could indeed walk away without paying anything due to the fact that there is nothing in EU law that says a country that leaves the Bloc has to pay for that action. Then to hell with them. I don't want this government paying billions of our taxpayer monies just to appease them for us having the nerve to leave their wonderful utopia and to keep them sweet during the negotiations.

What this government should be looking for is a way of not paying anything that we do not have to. It is our money, not the governments. Just imagine what those billions of pounds the EU is trying to extort from us could pay for for those in this country.

Maybe, just maybe you are wrong! Instead of seeing us as weak and untrustworthy, other countries could perhaps see us as principled, incorruptable and able to stand up for ourselves.

Unfortunately, I won't hold my breath though with the calibre of politicans we have nowadays.

Where are you Maggie?
Hopefully, Maggie is hovering above TM walking in the Swiss mountains telling her to get back to London and get on with it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

Originally Posted by JBR ->
We will survive!
Hi

I give up, I really do.

No more posts from me on Brexit.

I will return when it is all over.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2017, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I give up, I really do.

No more posts from me on Brexit.

I will return when it is all over.
Well I can't blame you for saying that swimfeeders.
I give up too!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top