Join for free
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2017, 10:17 PM

10 puppies and us..

Has anyone else been watching?

Most annoying owner the lady with Lola,,, lola lola walk lolal sausages lola lola lola and so it went on..

The lady with the leonburger...I didnt feel sorry for her at all until this week when she said 'you cant blame the puppies its not their fault it the owners' gold star for a lightbulb moment.

The thing that really annoyed me was thebreeder of the leonburger... She sold a pup to a first time owner in an upstairs flat who turned up to collect a pup on public transport in 5 inch heels and a large handbag..No pet carrier ,no safe transport nothing...
A prime example of a breeder seeing only the £ signs..

Is anyone else saying ahh and grrr in euqal measure at this programme?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08zm76y
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2017, 10:52 PM

Re: 10 puppies and us..

The programme is putting my blood pressure up
...The nail bar with 3 Chihuahua on a busy main road with customers going in and out , I hardly dare look in case one gets out .
Why don't they separate that poor older dog from the puppy. And now another puppy which looks terrified of the bigger puppy.

Poor Lola, she must have been so confused with the constant stream of chatter and being dragged along by the owner.

I can't believe that silly woman took a Leonberger puppy on a train with no pet carrier or chance to relieve itself, the owner has no sense at all.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2017, 11:02 PM

We said about this programme last week I think it was, and I said then about the breeder of that beautiful Leonberger selling to anyone who's got the cash. She ought to be ashamed of herself.

I don't want to watch any more of this series for the very reasons that Cass and Meg have already said. I agree wholeheartedly with both of you.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 06:43 AM

I will keep watching because Im hooked and I love anything to do with dogs,

I think the trainer in the puppy class also allowed leonburger lady to feel a total failure and didnt give her any real guidence.
Mine would be wear trousers so you are comfortable getting down to pups level.Wear flat shoes ..
Practice voice control...Low tones for normal command and only the high tones for praise and play.. This lady is a screecher.

My late SIL arrived at our house to be greeted by our Bouvier des Flanders x St Bernand.. In that similar high pitched poodle voice , hello hello hello big boy big max big maxie oh oh oh what are you lovely yes yes yes... Max thought it was great.

Later as Max jumped on her (all 60 kilos of him) the tone remained the same but the words differered ...oooh no no no ohhhhh help help get off get off ohhhh no no no.

Max couldn't understand why this resulted in him being told to get down and leave her alone. From then on every time she opened her mouth the poor boy hid!

Chi owners.... a race apart normally totally lacking in dog manners or training allowing their dogs to behave like mini monsters. (excuses to any owners who realise their chi is a dog and not a toy..)
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 09:42 AM

I caught the second half hour. Didn't she try a Great Dane last week? I too laughed at the tv when she admitted it was the fault of the owner. She had no idea, did she?

and it does annoy me seeing youngsters invading the space of a puppy inside its crate, and not leaving it alone.

Lola...didn't the kids want the puppy then gave up on all care for it, leaving it to the Mum?

As I watched, I was thinking...if and when I get my own pet, please do not let me be like these (irresponsible) owners! I'll try to watch a repeat or on catch up for the first half hour.
Cass
NL

12-08-2017, 10:11 AM

@Jazzi. I think if nothing else this show does show how much work pups are and how quickly all those offers of help vanish.
I'm sure you would think long and hard about a pet before taking the leap.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2017, 09:56 PM

Delia and the Leonburger. She really didn't think this one through, did she?? I know she wanted a big dog, but come on...I'd love a German Shepherd or a labrador or Golden Retriever, but know I can't. I just simply can't!! My home isn't big enough.

I was laughing so much when he was biting at her boobs! I know I shouldn't, but she personally has bitten off more than she could chew, forgive the cliche.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top